1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009-2010 Australian Title

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by andy025, Nov 27, 2009.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Leaso

Leaso Holidaying

Hey while I am all for posting feedback please just remember that those your posting about are human and have feelings.

Play nice and have fun folks

2. buttsecks

buttsecks Registered

I smells a troll.

3. tyso69us

tyso69us Registered

there are guide lines set out to be able to race at any aussie title ,providing there meet ,i dont see the problem with the kid having a go .did any of you see krusty when he first started??? or for that matter i haven't seen to many kinser's straight out of the box.

4. Me2

Me2 Registered

Red Rocket, Ray Eggins a Budget Racer??????????? Not at the title, he had the "Super" Wes Engine between the frame rails. Bit ironic don't you think, potentially the most expensive Dirt Modified race engine ever dreamt up being driven by a guy who continually bangs on about containing costs and spec engines.

5. Leaso

Leaso Holidaying

John unless I read this wrong I think your having a dig at the wrong person.

I cleaned up a post that was reported that having a dig at this young fella. I then warned all users that they need to think of peoples feelings before posting

6. buttsecks

buttsecks Registered

Yeah I remember Krusty stepping in after Tim Fullers stint in the Robbo Bread van he went ok at Lismore from memory (13 years?), actually I still have a photo of the paintscheme.:bunny:

7. MUDCHUCKER

MUDCHUCKER Registered

Me2 u have so much knowledge of the costing of the most expensive Wes Engine ever, how much did Eggy pay for the engine to be put in this car. I heard that the engine was offered to Eggy to run the title so if this is true isnt this guy still a budget racer with a great opportunity.

8. Dazz 52

Dazz 52 Registered

All Eggy has to do now is buy an AMERICAN car so he could get the power to the ground and make it go forward

9. modman

modman Registered

Hey all, don't worry about young Kennedy - Hickson should be embarrassed about the way he drove after the restart. For 4 laps he made it impossible for Oldfield (running 2nd) to pass - he was all over the track, then drifted high and very nearly put Luke into the wall.

Very, very ordinary driving from someone of his experience. My understanding is, as courtesy if nothing else, you get out of the way when you're a backmarker about to be lapped, not race the leaders and make life hard for them. Wouldn't go all out and say it cost Oldfield the race, but pretty damn close to it IMO.

10. tyso69us

tyso69us Registered

no rob not having a dig at all ,was actually siding with you for a change

11. MUDCHUCKER

MUDCHUCKER Registered

well i think it was very well run buy the QLD club , most bestest aussie title i,ve see from a pit spectator , and the Bris track promotors and infield marshals are probably the most well run infield , ,, as for the budget racer stuff , most to all budget racers just would like to feel that they are welcome and be competative at there level , v8 supercars - NASCAR - IMCA's - DIRT MODIFIEDS [usa] -sprintcars , all have feeder class's that you can get into the class at a lower budget and when you get the injection of methenal your a addict . some guy's race these's car's on a weekly wage with some little sponsors ,bit of fuel - oil - a tyre let's keep these guy's in the class of dirt modifieds as most of them have a tallent to go on racing for years , we don't need comer's and goer's we need guy's that can come race at choice of level one or level two [a engine restriction class] ,, ther are a lot of talk about this please dirt mod's Australia think and listen to the other half of the drivers and drivers looking over the fence . this is a great class great noise- great looks - great action- like thunder on wheels ..

12. Leaso

Leaso Holidaying

to cool John I was sort of in a rush at the time.

13. oatesy

oatesy Registered

well hears the thing. i think you should bite ya lip. it was his 5th meeting in the car, his first visit to the track nd the first time he had raced with some of the best in aus.

now tell me how he should go given he had to learn the track, set up the car for what i understand the first night was rubbish because of rain, nd the second night it was slick as. let alone almost all other drivers havin had 1+ years behind the wheel in experience.

i know for a fact they struggled with setup all night the second night. it was only in the b main that the car was right for him to drive but alas cut down a tyre early into the race.

the stoppages were due to him spinnin out if anyone dosent know.(black flaged)

i just think u shouldn't burn someone thats still starting out in the game. help him to become a better racer not kick him whilst he's down........

14. mod15

mod15 Registered

Great to see Matt travel to the title yes he had some
    trouble but great effort front there team to support
    Aus title hope he got some vauable experience from it
    and he will be at the next title in lismore 2011 we all need
    to start at the bottom it can only get better

15. python racer

python racer Registered

Thats good to here as you said everyone has to start somewhere.I myself felt that the black flag was a bit hard,they black flag you for spinning but they leave cars sitting on the edge of the track.I know what I think was more dangers and it wasnt you spinning.While im on my high horse,has the rule about working on cars on the dummy grid been changed????????

16. andy025

andy025 Registered

i think u will find eggy is the budget racer he says he is!!! He was basically resigned to sitting out the rest of the season after blowing his motor at grafton as the funds just werent there. Eggy and Wes are good friends so i have no doubt that the engine was placed in that car more based on that fact than millions of dollars changing hands for it!!As far as him having an american car daz52, i think u may find EGGY's car is an ex Clark bicknell!! Another purchase based on his budget. Ray would have to be one of the few people out there purely for the enjoyment of racing not just to push their own barrow on specs and would like nothing more for others to experience the same enjoyment in a v8 dirtmodified!

17. Jim Kirkwood

Jim Kirkwood Registered

I think you two need to get a Motel room ;D

18. Jim Kirkwood

Jim Kirkwood Registered

I was always a budget racer and struggled with 2 jobs to go racing BUT if someone had come and offered to do a deal with a 'top of the wazza' engine for a National Title.... reckon myself or anyone else in my shoes would say no?? I've been in a situation where I've borrowed engines for a season (thanks to Adrian King) and where I've loaned out an engine for a National Title (to Peter MacPherson).... still worked the 2 jobs to go racing though and was still a budget racer.

To me, the deal done between Eggins and the engine supplier just enhanced the Title by giving it another competitive racer on the track. Well done to all involved in that.

19. griffo88

griffo88 Registered

and it had the nicest tone coming out of it.

20. chooks sister

chooks sister Registered

U sound like me one eyed and can't see what really happened. All interstae drivers should be congratulated for turning up getting 10 hot laps and then race. long way from home lots of spares to carry and 2 different race conditions to race on over the 2 nights so good on you guys!
    Britten had it in the bag no one else was gonna get close!