1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009-2010 Australian Title

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by andy025, Nov 27, 2009.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Well done to all involved in the running of this years Aussie title. It was a great weekend had by all.
    The Calcutta dinner was very professional I must say. A very enjoyable night. It was good to see many of the drivers and crew from different teams mingling and interacting throughout the night, as it was a good chance to relax and let hair down before the rather busy weekend that followed.
    Night one saw some great racing, despite the constant light sprinkle of rain that hung around and played havoc for the first of the mini feature races.....
    Despite that, the night went off well.
    Night two was a cracker, awesome racing on a very challenging track.

Criticism will always attach itself to anything worthwhile, no matter what it is. There have been some rather derogatory comments earlier in this forum, but over look the negatives towards the positives.... the minority towards the majority..... ect

Congrats to Peter for the win, back to back titles.
    Luke for 2nd place,
    Ray for an impressive drive for 3rd
    and Mark for a hard earned 4th.

and to all drivers, crew, officialdom ect for a job well done. Great show for the V8 Dirt Mods. Bring on Lismore 2011.

2. mudgirl2

mudgirl2 Registered

It was an impressive run by the newly FORD powered #17 car at the Australian title. Its a pity the lapped traffic held him back.

3. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Good to see some one else has finally seen the light on how well the Fords go, thanks to the number 9.

4. robferr

robferr Registered

Sheesh......... Dont go scapping your Chevs just yet boys

5. GARTONATER

GARTONATER Registered

Well done on Britten for yet another win. Top job guys!

6. JBR Motorsport

JBR Motorsport Platinum Member

Thank you to everyone that has congratulated Peter on his win. He is extemely proud to have achieved back to back titles in a division that he loves.:)

Both the 2009 and 2010 Australian title winning cars are for sale up to any stage of completion.

7. chooks sister

chooks sister Registered

starting to think i am not the only one eyed person on here.

8. chev_fan

chev_fan Registered

i agree mudgirl, it would of been nice to see how the 17 car went with the blue oval motor with a clear track ahead of him

9. robferr

robferr Registered

Thats OK evryone here is one eyed so dont worry about it ;o)

10. racer31

racer31 Platinum Member

how did Daryl go

11. watch the fast

watch the fast Registered

the laped cars in format certainly robed the crowd of a exciting finish ,can any one tell me if modifieds have gone the same way as sprintcars and done away with the blue and yellow passing flag?hickson certainly didnt take any notice if there was one .would of been good to see two young guns go at it through traffic.

12. racer31

racer31 Platinum Member

for some one who sits in a chair and has a heap to say about someones driving and why would he have anything to be embarrassed about

13. V8DirtMod108

V8DirtMod108 Platinum Member

he would have known he wasn't in second on the restart and he did hold a few people up that wanted battle for the lead.

14. modman

modman Registered

Exactly the point I was making V8DirtMod108. He should have known to get the heck out of the way!! An experienced driver like him should know this.

15. chooks sister

chooks sister Registered

Enough already!!!!
    All drivers have the one way communication in their ears and all drivers know what has been said to each other. The stewards didn't have the problem that u all seem to have.
    Unfortunate that he had to restart in that spot, Hickson couldn't race for his position, but what would u do, pull up so all cars pass, he held his line and he wasn't the only lapped car in there.
    Hold your line is the term used and hold his line is what i seen him do. he Why is it, Britton lapped Hickson with ease but the rest just sat behind on the same racing line and "were held up" the track didn't help but thats racing people!
    Maybe ALL cars lapped should stay home and then see what sort of race u have. ( more were lapped than unlapped in the end)

As i have said b4 Britton was in a class of his own, no one was gunna get close.

16. vic92

vic92 Registered

y cant the leaders pass around the outside they have to go through lapped traffic during racing cant blame any driver if you are good enough u will get past:)

17. Chucky72

Chucky72 Registered

Why are poeple biching it was a good race meeting on a track that wasn't at its best, both brittern and hickson are top drivers and unless you were in the race you shouldn't comment.

18. klwathen

klwathen Registered

I used to read these forums all the time, but i simply cant be bothered any more because lately all i am reading is crap and people just going on and on and on. Move on people whats done is done, by sitting on her winging and whinging wont get you any where. Lets start a construction thread instead of a distructive thread that drives people away from reading the forums.

19. V8DirtMod108

V8DirtMod108 Platinum Member

Lol ......... Lol

20. Jim Kirkwood

Jim Kirkwood Registered

I'm sure that was a typographical error there... probably meant a 'constructive thread'.

I would assume a constructive thread in a Discussion Forum such as this, is one that raises a pertinent topic and has constructive 'fors' and 'againsts' without being biased one way or another, or being influenced by those with personal agendas. Thats just my point of view.

But I dont go for all the childish ridicule of those who are sensibley voicing their opinion. After all, everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be able to voice it as long as it does not demean anyone in any way, shape or form. Again, thats just my point of view.

I see the above comments as constructive.