1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 Australian V8 Dirt Modified Championship

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by Greg McKay, Jan 8, 2009.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Greg McKay

Greg McKay Registered

Well here we are in 2009 and the hype in Western Australia is really starting to roll as the committee and members of DMAWA have left no stone unturned in the quest to host the BEST National Title ever at Manjimup on February 20-21.
    The meticulous planning that has gone into this thus far will only be justified by the attendance figures generated by visiting teams to the BEST KEPT SECRET CIRCUIT in the South West of WA.
    Initially back in June 2008 it was thought inconceivable to think that teams would travel given the spiralling fuel costs but here we are at January 8, 2009 and the diesel price in Perth today was at $1.17 a litre as against it's price back in June of $1.75.
    So lets gets this thread happening on a totally positive basis and see how many names we can add to the list in the next few weeks of who will actually be attending the running of the VACANT National Crowning.
    This is not intended as a confirmation booking but as a barometer of who knows who is thinking about it.
    I'll start it off by declaring myself Greg McKay car 65 as a definite starter.

2. andy025

andy025 Registered

from nsw and s/e qld i am hearing jupe,britten,latimer,drake and collier as definates at this point.

3. Speedy14

Speedy14 Registered

Scott Cannon is making the trip. Money on him for a top 3 finish.....

4. minimeat

minimeat Registered

Luke Oldfields going,saw the chassis being constructed at Macs workshop,thru the week.

5. tyso69us

tyso69us Registered

bicknell or dominator ?

6. andy025

andy025 Registered

probably explains why he isnt at the nsw title then.

7. Dazz 52

Dazz 52 Registered

If the chassis is in Macs workshop then it wont be a bicknell or a dominator it will be the first CHEETAH dirt modified chassis

8. tyso69us

tyso69us Registered

how would i know who mac is ,,,,,,,,,,,,, simple answer would have done

9. BenG

BenG Registered

You can add Steven Milthorpe to the list of attendees but no Cannon or Latimer

10. Dazz 52

Dazz 52 Registered

It was a simple answer not a bicknell or dominator its a Cheetah. Mac is Nathan Macdonald ex sprintcar driver who luke is working for and he builds Cheetah sprintcar chassis. So i pressume that if a chassis was seen being built in his shed it would have to be a Cheetah dirt modified but hay im only guessing cause i wasnt the one that saw it.

11. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Mark Robinson will not be going.

12. Jupey

Jupey Registered

An earlier post listed me as going. I wont be making the trip though.

Simon Jupe

13. bloodnose

bloodnose Registered

Good post Greg,

So many contradictions already Scotty Cannon is coming then he is not etc etc - guess we wont really know till all the nominations are in.

You know I will be where the racing is come February
    Daniel Forbes WA one05
    Cant wait:)

Also 99% sure Trevor Perry VIC 55 will be there.

Cheers

14. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Congrats to the WA Dirt Mod club for their efforts in the organization of the upcoming Australian Titles. It should be a good meeting.

With interest I read elsewhere within this thread about the price of fuel, how it has tumbled in the last few months and may have an impact on the decision of making the long trip across the country to attend.

Yes it may be a factor for some, but what about those who cant make it for other reasons such as other commitments, bad timing, business commitments, other reasons ect????

I thought i'd bring this up as I know of a few teams reasons, and it aint fuel price that is holding them back.

So when alot of teams dont show, let's not bring the price of fuel into the equation.

15. Dazz 52

Dazz 52 Registered

Hey Daniel nice to hear that you will be were the racing is in February i hope that counts for 2010 when the February racing will be in QLD for the title hope to see you there.

16. bloodnose

bloodnose Registered

Hope to be there in 2010, already in the process of looking at a nice few weeks holiday in sunny QLD - will see how much equipment we tear up between now and then and how the budget looks, the same as any race team I guess and as Benem says all the other reasons that factor into a teams decision to race across the country.
    Its always easier to make it to a race meeting in your own backyard.

17. team green

team green Registered

Steve is a definate contender this year in TMI chassis really good to see him making
    the trip over.Although Oldfield just seems to be going well, when he is on song he is bloody fast. Robbo is up there too and will not make it easy but i reckon Luke might just get it.

18. kwik n kleen

kwik n kleen Registered

Has the 2010 Aussie V8 Dirt modified title already been allocated? Can you tell me the venue and date yet or is that to be determined?

19. kwik n kleen

kwik n kleen Registered

I suggest that the price of fuel has been emphasized recently because that was the main objection by DMA to having the title in WA as per the current rotation system.
    To add to your list of reasons for non attendance please consider that some people don't like to leave there own backyard and I'm sure that some just can't be bothered with the required effort or expense....
    And it is expensive.... just ask some of the WA competitors that have been trecking East recently....

20. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

How far east, cause haven't seen them on the east coast!!!