1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 V8 DIrt Modified Masters!

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by NufCed, Jan 13, 2009.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

"THE" best V8 Dirt Modified race I have ever seen......
    Britten and Robbo running side by side for so many laps swapping the lead about 4 times, and never touched each other once, and Latimer just comes from no where and caught many by surprise.
    0.069 ...... what a finish.
    Was a shame to see Phelps have such a luckless weekend but thats racing.
    Congrats to Latimer, Robbo and Britten for putting on one hell of a race.

... and it was also the first time all 3 American makes were on the podium, Bicknell, Teo and Troyer.

2. dave7040

dave7040 Registered

good to see lattimer win in a bicknell and with AFCO shocks

3. NufCed

NufCed Staff Member

since lismore site is down (and all speedway.net sites)... here are the results from night 2 :)

HEAT 7 - 8 Laps - 1st. QLD83 Darren Latimer, 2nd. VIC55 Trevor Perry, 3rd. NSW99 Tony Sneddon, 4th. NSW36 Michael Butcher, 5th. NSW79 Scott Cannon, 6th. NSW35 Brett Whitney - Time: No Time Taken

HEAT 8 - 8 Laps - 1st. QLD21 Peter Britten, 2nd. QLD66 Lance Towns, 3rd. NSW94 Aaron Suffolk, 4th. VIC 19 Steven Milthorpe, 5th. QLD48 Barry Ashen, 6th. NSW53 Paul Booker, 7th. NSW27 Allan Jarvis, 8th. QLD4 Luke Oldfield, 9th. NSW2 Trevor Blanch - Time: 1:57.44

HEAT 9 - 8 Laps - 1st. NSW9 Mark Robinson, 2nd. QLD4 Keith Muller, 3rd. NSW51 Rian Collier, 4th. QLD52 Andrew Drake, 5th. QLD25 Andrew Pezzutti, 6th. QLD67 Rob Hamilton, 7th. NSW91 Wes Suffolk, 8th. NSW39 Phil McNamara - Time: 1:54.22

DASH 1 - 6 Laps - 1st. QLD21 Peter Britten, 2nd. NSW9 Mark Robinson, 3rd. QLD52 Andrew Drake, 4th. NSW27 Allan Jarvis, 5th. QLD25 Andrew Pezzutti, 6th. NSW79 Scott Cannon(DNF) - Time: No Time Taken

DASH 2 - 6 Laps - 1st. QLD83 Darren Latimer, 2nd. NSW94 Aaron Suffolk, 3rd. NSW51 Rain Collier, 4th. VIC55 Trevor Perry, 5th. QLD4 Luke Oldfield, 6th. QLD67 Rob Hamilton - Time: No Time Taken

B MAIN - 8 Laps - 1st. NSW53 Paul Booker, 2nd. QLD99 Tony Sneddon, 3rd. QLD48 Barry AShen, 4th. NSW45 Jai Stevenson, 5th. NSW91 Wes Suffolk, 6th. NSW35 Brett Whitney, 7th. NSW2 Trevor Blanch - Time: No Time Taken (Top 4 to back of feature)

FEATURE - 35 Laps - 1st. QLD83 Darren Latimer, 2nd. NSW9 Mark Robinson, 3rd. QLD21 Peter Britten, 4th. NSW94 Aaron Suffolk, 5th. QLD52 Andrew Drake, 6th. QLD25 Andrew Pezzutti, 7th. NSW 99 Tony Sneddon, 8th. VIC19 Steven Milthorpe, 9th. NSW27 Allan Jarvis, 10th. QLD48 Barry Ashen, 11th. NSW51 Rian Collier, 12th. NSW36 Michael Butcher, 13th. NSW53 Paul Booker - Time: No Time Taken

4. kwik n kleen

kwik n kleen Registered

Britten drove a fantastic race..... His right rear was deflating toward the end of the race and nearly peeled off the rim..... He did great to hold on to third.....
    And I to agree that it was one of the best races I've seen, that move from Latimer from third to first was sensational!:smiley:

5. busty

busty Registered

one of the best modified racing i have ever seen, robinson
    has been so dominate through out the start of the season, good
    to see a different winner hope the aussie title is as good as the
    masters.

6. busty

busty Registered

i dont know benem if you went down to warrnambool last season
    to see the summer slam series race but that was a awesome race
    between robinson and morse and let alone the aussie title down there
    last season that was just spectacular if alot more drivers would support
    the summer slam like they support major events we would have hard close racing every weekend.

7. explayer

explayer Registered

Maybe Busty you should ask the drivers why they don't all support the Summerslam.

We are not all fortunate to have major sponsorship arrangement to be able to travel around the country.

8. busty

busty Registered

i dont think 3 race meetings is travling around the county explayer
    take trevor perry i am sure he is a guy that has a budget and he can
    still find the time and effort to support all the major events and a series
    that is showcasing and trying to make the devision go forward i
    cant not see why drivers cant support their devision

9. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

What... because they have to pay a measly non contracted drivers fee????

Look at the Super Sedans..... they're powering ahead of Dirt Mods in terms of professionalism.... why??? They have a national series that has attracted no less than 20 teams every year they have run it. They are always in the spotlight, attract a good stream of the media, and produce good car numbers when the series hits any venue.

I'm unsure of the details on the contracts, fee's payable as a contracted driver, fee's payable as a non contracted driver within the super sedans series ect....

But if the Supers can do it, why cant the Mods????

10. fordnut

fordnut Registered

i think he was talking about the cost of travel etc

11. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Quite possible.... but i know that travelling costs weren't a factor for many during the series running.

12. rutt

rutt Registered

benem the travel costs are a big factor for most people running in the mod class.give credit where credit is due.

13. V8DirtMod108

V8DirtMod108 Platinum Member

I'm more of a budget racer when compared to some in our class. There for I only run the local shows because that's what I can afford. Not every body has the budget or the time to do the whole series, But the locals should come out and support the series when it's close buy.

14. busty

busty Registered

i agree rutt, cost is a big factor but how can guys from the east coast
    run a major event all the way across aust which would have big costs involved getting there but cant run a series which to of the races are on the east coast i hope myself that the summer slam does run next year and drivers can support their division

15. Slim

Slim Registered

i think what benem is try to get at, that drivers wont support the series cause of the nomunation fee they have to pay just to race in the series.
    i overherd a driver talking who was at bris summer slam series, but was not racin and said his reason for not racing the night was he wasnt payin to race for nothing. what the.
    the cost of fuel, tires ect does play a role but bein a series that is about your divsion, all drivers should support it, afterall it is showcasing modifieds at there highest.
    like dirtmod108 has said, locals should supprt it, but it is shame that they dont.
    maybe if there is some drivers on here that could explain why they dont support the series.

16. rutt

rutt Registered

are you sure about that slim. Have you asked the drivers yourself to why some dont race in it.
    p.s learn to spell nomination

17. Slim

Slim Registered

Well 'pot hole in the dirt', sorry to you for making a slight typo error.
    You seem to be someone in the know, or think you are. How bout you spill the beans?

18. midpack

midpack Banned

I dont see why the CHEQUE BOOK RACER Robbo isnt going to the title its not like the cost would be an issue.

19. robferr

robferr Registered

Do any of you guys own a dirt Modified or have raced one, So your all speaking from experience HUH!!!! You all make me laugh,The argument you all speak of has been doing the rounds for years now on Contracted, non contacted whos supporting who isnt, For the record If its so easy guys go buy a race car and then you can Bitch all you like.

20. dirtmod66

dirtmod66 Registered

I race a dirt mod and yes i am a budget racer. I agree with mod108 we should support as many local race meets as possible including series events like the sumer slam. If i could manage it i would travel for all the major rounds that are of a great distance away but i have to limit myself to BIS , Lismore Toowoomba and Maryborough. The way i see it i get more racing in by staying closer to home then if i travel afar for only a couple of meets. I wish all those traveling to the national titles the best (wish i could be there) and here is hoping Summer slam continues next year and heres hoping the dollars are good enough for us all that race to continue on into the next season.