1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 V8 DIrt Modified Masters!

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by NufCed, Jan 13, 2009.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Elaborate on Cheque Book Racer......

...... or does he just have good sponsorship packages?????

2. explayer

explayer Registered

A very naieve person would call Robbo a "cheque book racer". Mark is in a very fortunate position where as his family are speedway fans and they all support his chosen sport to the max.
    Most racers race the division they can support those that race above what they can sustain are fairly quickly lost to the division or the sport.
    Most V8 Dirt Modified owners are small business owners and often can not travel away from their business for to many days as their business must come first

3. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Thats right!!! .............

4. midpack

midpack Banned

MIDPACK is man enough to eat his words Robbo drove great tonight workin the high groove was great to see absolutely smoked em well done Robbo!

5. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Hope your words taste like crap midpack.....lol

The good ole Cheque book helped him tonight ay????

6. midpack

midpack Banned

Didnt have anyone to beat after britten crashed.

7. andy025

andy025 Registered

midpack,i think u need to take off your anti robbo glasses and actually give credit for what he achieves. last night he was far from handed the race after britten crashed!!!

8. midpack

midpack Banned

Read my other post ANDY025 i did!

9. andy025

andy025 Registered

Well why go make a comment like this afterwards then midpack????

10. rutt

rutt Registered

i just thnik midpack has no idea. he doesnt like robinson.but he show the way in lapper traffic that was for sure.made the outside pass so quick

11. explayer

explayer Registered

How good was the racing last night? Plenty of action through the whole pack even the Aussie built cars were inthe mix having a great duel I watched a Brad Marr,Tim Morse and a Greg Gardner chassis have a great battle. The excitement of MODIFIEDS is in the whole field anything can happen at any time and considering the shitty track last night I feel the drivers all put on a great showing, maybe all the drivers could donate a load of clay each and a couple of candles for each light pole.The track can only get better and the racing more spectacular.

12. busty

busty Registered

all i can say midpack, you know who robbo is, why dont you go
    and ask him why he is not going to the title, your such a big man
    behind a computer screen!

13. V8DirtMod108

V8DirtMod108 Platinum Member

He's probable a little slow and dose not realize that there are other racers on here who might be offended buy his comments. (Didnt have anyone to beat after britten crashed)

14. V8DirtMod108

V8DirtMod108 Platinum Member

dose any body have any results from last night.

15. NufCed

NufCed Staff Member

HEAT 1 - 8 Laps - 1st. QLD 52 Andrew Drake, 2nd. NSW 9 Mark Robinson, 3rd. NSW 39 Phil McNamara, 4th. NSW 36 Michael Butcher, 5th. QLD67 Rob Hamilton - Time: 1:56.59

HEAT 2 - 8 Laps - 1st. QLD25 Andrew Pezzutti, 2nd. QLD 21 Peter Britten, 3rd. USA 95 Gary Tomkins, 4th. NSW 51 Rian Collier, 5th. QLD 66 Lance Towns, 6th. QLD 83 Darren Latimer, 7th. NSW 27 Al Jarvis, 8th. QLD 4 Keith Muller - Time: 1:54.67

HEAT 3 - 8 Laps - 1st. USA 95 Gary Tomkins, 2nd. NSW 9 Mark Robinson, 3rd. QLD 25 Andrew Pezzutti, 4th. QLD 21 Peter Britten, 5th. 36 Michael Butcher, 6th. QLD 52 Andrew Drake, 7th. QLD 48 Barry Ashen, 8th. NSW 53 Paul Booker - Time: 1:50.19

HEAT 4 - 8 Laps - 1st. QLD 83 Darren Latimer, 2nd. QLD 67 Rob Hamilton, 3rd. QLD 4 Keith Muller, 4th. NSW 39 Phil McNamara, 5th. NSW 27 Al Jarvis, 6th. NSW 51 Rian Collier - Time: No Time Taken

TOP 6 POLE SHUFFLE <br>QLD 21 Peter Britten def. QLD 83 Darren Lattimer (6th)<br>QLD 21 Peter Britten, def. QLD 52 Anderew Drake (5th) NSW 9 Mark Robinson def. QLD 21 Peter Britten (4th)<br>NSW 9 Mark Robinson def. QLD 25 Andrew Pezzutti (3rd)<br>USA 95 Gary Tomkins def. NSW 9 Mark Robinson<br>USA 95 Gary Tomkins (1st) def. NSW 9 Mark Robinson (2nd)

FEATURE - 30 Laps - 1st. NSW 9 Mark Robinson, 2nd. QLD 83 Darren Latimer, 3rd. QLD 52 Andrew Drake, 4th. USA 95 Gary Tomkins, 5th. QLD 25 Andrew Pezzutti, 6th. NSW 36 Michael Butcher, 7th. NSW 27 Al Jarvis, 8th. NSW 39 Phil McNamara, 9th. QLD 66 Lance Towns, 10th. NSW 45 Jai Stephenson, 11th. QLD 48 Barry Ashen, 12th. NSW 51 Rian COllier, 13th. NSW 53 Paul Booker - Time: (3:32.71 - 15 Laps)

16. Black Betty

Black Betty Registered

Sorry but didn't Latimer run second?
    He cruised by both of them the week I was there.

17. midpack

midpack Banned

I did mate he said he needed more horsepower so Luke didnt round him up on the otside like at the masters.

18. tyso69us

tyso69us Registered

you know all the money in the world will only get you so far ,i had a good conversation with one of crusty's ex crew members and former super sedan ace (you guys read between the lines ) and sure robo has good equipment ,sure he may have some good sponsors that contribute dollars to his racing programe ,but i assure you while the rest of you are at home after the speedway tucked up in bed asleep ,crusty is back in the work shop scaleing the car and rechecking caster toe fuel burn etc etc ,oh yeah thats after the car is washed ,you see the show i used to run in was the same ,beacuse you actually make a point of researching what you do and catologue youre efforts and treat it as a sport wich requires a lot of time to master but all the other wankers leave there cars on the trailer ,do no work at all untill sat morning or at best sit around with nothing better to do than whinge and whine about the people that they wish they were (you merv and red rocks) ,man up pull youre heads in and give credit where its due ,the only way to be fast is to put a lot of effort in and then when youre actually at the races you got to read the track as well and make sure you make the right call for that track on the night ,you might have one inch of roll out to much or to little in the car and guess what the bloke that hasen't will go around you like youre stoped ,he's a new south welshman and probably does deserve a fair razing but dont underestimate the amount of effort the guy puts in

19. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

You cant get any more closer to the truth than this.

John, I am sure Krusty will appreciate everything you have said there.

Considering he laughed off the comments about the "cheque book racer" comments....

I have never witnessed a more thorough person when it comes to race car setup and preparation.
    Mark puts alot of effort into the prep and set up of his race car, which is something a cheque book couldn't buy!

#9 Teo mini diary. Typical Lismore/Brisbane race meeting
    Saturday night - Race

Sunday morning - 8 am Unload car, strip car of panels, wash car, unload bus, clean bus, put car in race shop, put car on chassis stands, take of wheels, blow off remaining water off car, some basic car prep.

Monday afternoon - 5.30 pm Service engine, change oil (when due), change coolant (when due), repairs if any.

Tuesday afternoon - 5.30 pm - Change tyres and rims (if needed), start car set up prep for race meeting ahead.

Wednesday afternoon - 5.30 pm Car prep, set up adjustments, panels put back on.

Thursday off

Friday afternoon - 5.30 pm Scale car, adjust set up if needed, load bus, fuel up bus (diesel and methanol), load car.

Saturday - Go racing.

20. rutt

rutt Registered

benem are you on the robinson crew or just know someone who is.