1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 Australian Solo Championship

Discussion in 'Bikes & Sidecars' started by Dave 1, Dec 10, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Dave 1

Dave 1 Registered

Riders for the 2014 Australian Solo Championship

QUALIFIER KURRI
    1 MASON CAMPTON
    2 HUNTER ANDERSON
    3 TYSON NELSON
    4 JUSTIN SEDGMEN
    5 BRODIE WATERS
    6 JAKE ALLEN
    7 NICK MORRIS
    8 ALLAN MacDONALD
    9 SAM MASTERS
    10 JAKE ANDERSON
    11 DAINE STEVENS
    12 MATTHEW DAY
    13 JYE ETHERIDGE
    14 TYSON SNOW
    15 JOE RINGWOOD
    16 MAX FRICKE
    17 JOSHUE MacDONALD
    18 DENNY COX

SEEDED RIDERS

1 ROHAN TUNGATE
    2 DAKOTA NORTH
    3 CHRIS HOLDER
    4 JACK HOLDER
    5 JASON DOYLE
    6 CAM WOODWARD
    7 TROY BATCHELOR
    8 JOSH GRAJCZONEK
  2. Gavin

Gavin Registered

Gee! No Darcy Ward or Dave Watt.
  3. Twofoot

Twofoot Registered

I know there are many and varied good reasons for those who don't ride (injured, no $, need a break, stayed in the UK etc) but a few that aren't there got me wondering ... Poole (injured or retired ?) Davies, Kozza, Kurtz x 2, Gathercole (he seems to have slipped off the radar lately), Proctor (his shoulder injury was bad I know), Branford, & Summers. Maybe Douglas & Koppe but its probably too far with not enough $ for them. Did wonder if Kyle Newman might nominate but it could be a case of five times bitten, twice shy for him.
  4. METHONAL

METHONAL Registered

There might be many reasons for riders not riding as stated above ! but its come to my notice that Darcy Ward's entered for the Troy Bayliss meeting at the old bar at Taree . As ive stated , the yanks and pommies see more of Darcy the our aussie fans ? guess , we will have to wait for the GP's and Elite League next season ! that's if your got pay-tv
  5. Gavin

Gavin Registered

Newman's not allowed to nominate - only Aust. licence holders are acceptable. This was also the case a few years a few years ago when there was an injury in the first round at Kurri. NO Australian rider could be found to do the remaining rounds to replaced the injured rider. Newman was asked. He immediately agreed to drive from Townsville to Adelaide at very short notice and copped shit from some of the Aussie riders for his trouble. I notice that two of the most vocal aren't bothering to ride themselves this year.

Gavin.
  6. Dave 1

Dave 1 Registered

I don't believe that only Aussie licence hoers can nominate.
    Gathercole not back
    Proctor injured
    Both Kurtz chose not to ride
    same Banford, Watt, Darcy.
    Summers not back
  7. Gavin

Gavin Registered

2. JURISDICTION
    2.1 The above mentioned meeting has been authorised by MA which has issued the Motorcycling Australia Permit Numbers MA1312,
    MA1313 and MA1314 and open to holders of current Motorcycling Australia Senior National licences.

The extract above is from the Aust Championship Supp Regs. There is no provision for holders of licences from other federations to enter. This is why both Josh Auty's and Kyle Newman's nominations were binned a couple of years ago.
  8. Dave 1

Dave 1 Registered

Easy, these are the sup regs.... once approved, they can be changed by the Referee off the meeting.
  9. Gavin

Gavin Registered

But if the riders aren't there because their nomination wasn't accepted in the first place by the Speedway Commissioners, then it's to no avail.
  10. Trackman

Trackman Registered

We can't have little Johnny having too much competition! As it stands Sidecars are our premier motocycle class.., solos are lucky that a few.. Very few tracks still take them as a searous crowd puller...
  11. Trackman

Trackman Registered

Why is it that sidecars can have riders from USA, England, New Zealand etc in a championship meeting but Solo's can't ..
  12. Ron Bauer

Ron Bauer Registered

Solos what are they?
    Trackman likes this.
  13. dangermouse

dangermouse Registered

It's good to see Darcy Ward's name on the rider list for the 4 team tournament at North Brisbane. A bit of support for QLD fans. He also rode in the North Brisbane Cup last weekend on a 450 dirt bike - and did quite well after a couple of spills.
  14. METHONAL

METHONAL Registered

Looking through the list of riders at the Jason Crump Cup at Kurri Speedway on Boxing night , the list is a fantastic list but, the "icing on on the top would have been Darcy Ward's name " in honour of our greatest ever rider !
  15. Gavin

Gavin Registered

Where did you see the list? I couldn't find it on Kurri's website.
  16. METHONAL

METHONAL Registered

Gavin mate, hope you have found Crumpy's Boxing Days list of riders ? also as there's a Gosford v Kurri speedway teams meet on the next day 27th at Gosford and Kurri the 28 list of riders comming soon , on the lines of a british Elite League format ? should be great racing
  17. Gavin

Gavin Registered

Yes, thanks. Someone cut and pasted the list from Facebook (which I don't do) and emailed it to me.
  18. Gavin

Gavin Registered

Anyone know who qualified at Kurri last night? Nothing on their website as of 12.30pm. No results of their previous meeting either.
  19. Gavin

Gavin Registered

Oops. It's not on until tonight! Too much Bundy while watching the wickets fall in the cricket.

Sorry Kurri!!!
  20. Dave 1

Dave 1 Registered

So u up with It then Gav ? :)