1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adelaide's ARLO BUGEJA has been signed for UK team 'Redcar Bears'

Discussion in 'Bikes & Sidecars' started by Flags42, May 24, 2007.

1. Flags42

Flags42 Registered

21-year-old Gillman Speedway rider Arlo Bugeja has been signed up with UK Premier team - Redcar Bears. He will make his debut sometime tonight (Thursday Night UK Time) in a Premier League clash with Rye House.

Called "Italian" by the folks in the UK, our "BUDGIE" will be doing not only Australia proud - but all his loyal supporters at Gillman Speedway!! Speedway City's Wendy Turner (who sponsors Arlo) was absolutely delighted when Arlo phoned her the other day to tell her the great news!!

Arlo originally went over to the UK to have some rides in the second half race programmes, while helping mechanic for Glasgow Tigers' Lee Smethills.

Arlo will be riding in team position number four. He has been signed up initially for a 28 day period - but that could change with further assessment.

"GO GET 'EM ARLO!!" - "HOPE YOU DO GREAT!!"
    Regards Scott.

2. Flags42

Flags42 Registered

Link to the REDCAR SPEEDWAY website.... http://www.redcarspeedway.co.uk .
    You can check all the lastest news and updates on how the Redcar Bears and Arlo Bugeja are going.

3. Flags42

Flags42 Registered

Stop Press!!

Just checked the Redcar Speedway website.... the Redcar Bears who Arlo is riding for defeated Rye House. Scores... Redcar Bears - 47 (top scorer Carl Stonehewer 12+1 pts); Rye House - 43 (top scorer Chris Neath 11pts).

From what i found out after reading a couple of posts in their forum.... Arlo scored a couple of points, and showed some impressive form. He received many favourable comments - looks like he will only get better after a few more shows!!

Keep up the great effort Arlo!!

4. spiderweb

spiderweb Registered

Well done to Arlo hes a real tryer and the experiance will do wonders for him.
    Hey flags I havent been able to get on to Rods speedway info site can tou?

5. Flags42

Flags42 Registered

Hi Rodney....

I 've been able to get onto Rod's Speedway bike site. I had a look just before! About 2am this morning I put a story on Arlo up in www.speedway.net.au and also our Speedway city website www.speedwaycity.com.au . Personally I think Arlo will do really well over in the UK - and from all reports, the people over there are very impressed with him!!
    Regards Scott

6. marron

marron Registered

You can check out www.redcarbears.co.uk if you want to find out how Arlo is doing.

You will have to register to view his scores but after you register you will be able to view live updates of every Redcar match and view previous meetings.

7. Flags42

Flags42 Registered

**Just a quick note.... you can now go to our Speedway City website.... there has been a link put up on our home page for the "Redcar Speedway" website in UK.

8. Flags42

Flags42 Registered

Check out www.speedwaycity.com.au - there's an update on arlo's riding in the UK!! I put up a story tonight about his second meeting - Arlo scored a point, but he helped his team to a 45 all draw against Kings Lynn!!

9. Flags42

Flags42 Registered

10. Flags42

Flags42 Registered

11. colin poole

colin poole Registered

12. Flags42

Flags42 Registered