1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And So It Starts Again.....

Discussion in 'Midgets' started by cheqoutchick, May 23, 2014.

1. cheqoutchick

cheqoutchick Registered

Last season we had all the hoo haa re the naming of the Speedcar Championship V Midget Chamionship.... I see today that they have covered all bases this year and gone with World Midget Speedcar Championship....WTF????

Good to see those who really don't care about what's best for everyone get what they want :( ... (or not)

2. wobbler

wobbler Platinum Member

Perhaps you should get out and about more and look into things before you start typing crap on the internet. The World Midget Speedcar Championship is exactly that, a WORLD Championship with rounds held in New Zealand, Australia and the USA. This season the World Championship Series brought the cream of USA and New Zealand drivers to our shores for 4 nights of some of the best racing this country has seen. The promoters of the Australian portion have already agreed to run these rounds again for the next 3 years so I guess you better get used to it.

By the way I think there is a cleanup required in aisle 4!!!!

Miss Informed likes this.
  3. Miss Informed

Miss Informed Donna Staff Member

USA/NZ known as Midgets
    AUS known as Speedcars

They used both names in their write ups when the International shows were announced in 2013.

4. kapam

kapam Registered

I really don't care what they call it, it was far-and-away the best racing I've seen in a long time. Awesome is not too strong a word to describe it.
    I certainly intend to catch the Brisbane shows. :)

Miss Informed and wobbler like this.
  5. Shrekie

Shrekie Registered

I cannot see how they call its a world championship when there was not one driver from Australia who competed in the US rounds... Another master plan of crap...

6. Miss Informed

It's like saying pro series when there isn't one professional driver. Or World Series when it only races in Australia with Australians.

Aussies competed in 2 out of 3 World rounds - held in 3 countries. If it was held in POWRi Speed Week rather than Angell Park etc (the week earlier), then they would have had reps from this country.

Embrace the races - this is helping the sport in Australia.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  7. spac

spac Registered

Smee and Clarke both raced the show in the USA

8. spac

spac Registered

9. waynesworld1

waynesworld1 Registered

1 Google search? Did Clarke run any of the POWRi shows in USA this year?
    I can't find anything.

10. Shrekie

Shrekie Registered

How can you embrace the races when you have three different series/group all fighting against each other. The certain powers to be now trying to crap can the other for there own interests and personal gain I cannot see how this is for the better of the sport or division... To be honest makes us look like tools... If there was a National series with full support of all states I would support it.. Not just certain states working against each other.. This is my point... We all have a damn lot of money invested in our equipment yet no one can work together to make things happen... But as usual you will get one side against the other... I can remember when Speedcars were the premier division.. Now not so much..

11. Miss Informed

Who are the 3?

The only bad mouthing I have heard is from the "new series" and their supporters. "Shut down the SSS", "Undermining the series and Speedway Australia", "Stealing our thunder". The SSS and the World Midget Shows were linked up a few years back to promote both shows - link all 3 countries to create great shows. The fibbers cried that it was a takeover and pushed and shoved their way into the sport - at your expense too Brett! How much did Speedcars Aus invest in the new series last season? 8 racing seasons deemed as rubbish to get their own way, and was it any different? No, not really. A few flags on the infield, more costs and tv (costs), less prize money and more travelling costs to teams.

As for the World Shows - why not EMBRACE the shows in QLD and NSW who are bringing the best in the business to Aus? Those promoters are putting up the cash, drivers and teams are putting up cars, it's open for everyone to race, AND it's in our own backyard. Don't need to fly to the States or NZ to watch the BEST!

ps. there are 2 sides to every story, keep that in mind when the East Coast is being accused of everything! :) :)

DIRT-MIDGET, arthurm3675 and wobbler like this.