1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aussie title

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by Chooks cousins, Jan 11, 2011.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. archie

archie Registered

Well Done Batman
    is that 3 in a row??????

2. NufCed

NufCed Staff Member

Yes I think that makes it a:

3-Pete!

3. 4E&KCMS

4E&KCMS Registered

Congrats Pete. An awesome acheivement. Congrats to all drivers who competed in what must have been an awesome weekend.

4. Daf

Daf Registered

Congrats Peter on the win!

5. EricQ66

EricQ66 Registered

Now I remember when Pete won his first Title people were saying that he got lucky, well folks he has been lucky 3 times now! Like I said back then Peter will probably win many more in the Dirt Mods or any other division he tries his hand at! He is learning the craft of racing well as you would expect from an intelligent young man.Well done the Britten Team!
    Regards EricQ66

6. phillip

phillip Registered

mabye britten should take up sprintcar racing

7. Bill_R

Bill_R Registered

Absolutely no luck involved last night. Britten probably positioned himself for pole in the feature in his second heat where he started towards the rear of the field but made up a few places. If his form last night is anything to go by he definitely will win many more.
    For those that are interested, the meeting will be on Fox Sports and a DVD is available from Lismore Speedway. I think it's $25 = postage.

8. andy025

andy025 Registered

Foxsports or speed?? And when will it be on???

9. WA32

WA32 Registered

Well done Peter Britten, Matty Pacoe, Dave Clark and all the other fellow drivers who made the weekend what is was.
    What an absoltute great weekend, this is what will make drive thousands of km's just to be a part of the action. From the moment we arrived in Lismore you could really sense the hype in the town around the uncomming Title. The street parade concept was a masterstroke, if you could bottle the enthusiam, comoradery and commitment from everyone involved and spread it across our nation we will rival the other high pofile divisions in our sport. I'm still amazed at the size of the crowds on both nights and the infield gatherings with the crowd after each night racing really topped off the evenings events. This side of Australia is really the hot bed for our sport. Congradulations to the sponsors, organisers, promotor, local clubs members and anyone else who worked so hard to make it work.
    Can't wait to be at the next one..............
    Also a special mention on our two WA drivers Bryn Lake and Mat Kennedy, the way they adapted to the small Lismore Bullring was nothing short of a brilliant effort.
    Finaly a huge thanks to JBR Motorsport the Britten and Owen families for their assistance and support over the weekend, it is really appreciated when you are so far from home.

10. robferr

robferr Registered

WA32 well said, you have hit the nail right on the head, congrats to three Pete, Matt Pascoe, Dave Clark and all the Racers what a show, and to all you West Aussie guys who made the trip thank you for making the trip, Bring on 2012 in Victoria ( Avalon)

11. mimmy

mimmy Registered

Well done to Pete, Matt & Dave for your results on the track.

Congratulations to Rian Collier for winning the Northern Rivers Pool comp. He also started the weekend with a flian start also winning the CP Pistons best presented car. The car looked sensational. I'm not sure about the rough lookn bunch of pit crew though.
    Thanks to everyone for keeping us up all night not mentioning any names Mat K.
    Hope everyone enjoyed themselves cause I know we all did.

12. Wolfy

Wolfy Registered

Congrats Pete and the whole Britten clan hard working racing family reeps the rewards for their efforts well done.

Wolfy

13. robferr

robferr Registered

I would also like to add to my congrats that JBR is a Family team and to that also Conrats to Paul, Jane & Kevin and the crew its a family effort Good work to all

14. robferr

robferr Registered

Sorry typo Congrats !!

15. Aussie_birdman

Aussie_birdman Registered

Congratulations to all involved, however I remember a few years ago, Wayne Reynolds (I think) was granted a start in the A-Main after bad luck in the B-Main and thru the heats. Would have been good to have seen the Promoters Discretion Rule used to give Allen Jarvis a start and make 21 cars in the field - he actually beat home Peter Britten in one of the heats on Saturday night. Is that rule still availble for Aussie titles by the way?

16. andy025

andy025 Registered

Thing is though where do you draw the line on it, Paul Booker was just as deserving of a start as was Allan.

17. battynatty

battynatty Registered

I dont know how the modifieds do it but i think other divisions allow the defending champion to start from the rear if he dosnt qualify for the final. Apart from that, there should be no second chances. Its an australian title, you earn your spot or you sit it out. thats what makes it special.

18. paul britten

paul britten Registered

Defending champ is the only extra car allowed into all title races (NASR rule 4.30.3) and to be honest, 4 heats, a mini feature and a B main should be enough to get you in if you have any chance. Don't forget he was in a transfer position in the B main before spinning on his own.
    Many people combined to produce a great event for our division and I'm sure it will come up well on TV. The helicopter idea from Rob Jarvis was brilliant and Shawn Mortimer's inspired development to bring Hearnie Robbo and Pete into the speedway worked a treat. Thanks to all the locals,travellers and officials who made the event something to remember.
    just found this, great production Luke. we have some great incar video that we will get up when we get a chance [video=youtube;EEMouY8HRRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEMouY8HRRA[/video]

19. JBR Motorsport

JBR Motorsport Platinum Member

JBR Motorsport and Troyer Racecars would like to congratulate the Troyer drivers and teams that participated in the 2011 Australian Title.

Peter Britten 1st, Matt Pascoe & Keith Muller 2nd, Jai Stephenson 4th, Andrew Pezzutti 7th, Kevin Britten 10th, Phil MacNamara 12th, Bryn Lake 13th, Darryl Hickson 16th, Ricka Groom 17th and Matt Kennedy who unfortunately got a flat tyre while looking like he had a transfer spot sown up in the B main.

We hope everyone enjoyed their racing.

Below is incar footage of the A main in car A1 and car 12.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdYhcxO-zMc"]YouTube - 2011 Australia V8 Dirt Modified Title In Car Camera[/ame]