1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australian Title

Discussion in 'RSA Sedans' started by Daniel13, Nov 12, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Daniel13

Daniel13 Registered

when and where is australian title this year?

2. snr68

snr68 Registered

Grafton Feb 16th 2013

3. snr68

snr68 Registered

Nomination forms are now available. Contact your club to get a copy.
    Nominations close with RSA Sunday 3rd Febuary a and must be lodged through your club first.

4. snr68

snr68 Registered

The Suumerland Street Saloon Club (Lismore) has nomianted 20 cars.
    Who else is going?

5. Daniel13

Daniel13 Registered

Is there a nomination list ??

6. snr68

snr68 Registered

A1 Scott Owen – Current Aussie Champ

S25 Shane Carlson – Current NSW Champ
    G4 Matt Bidner

L5 Luke Gray
    L7 Brad Carroll
    N8 Ashley Hall
    N82 Lindsay Cornwell
    N13 Kiona Sunerton
    N4 Matt James
    N17 Gary Dries
    L8 Josh Oliver
    L25 Lindsay Clapham
    L26 Brendon Clapham
    L27 Daniel Clapham
    L28 L.J. Gray
    N29 Mark Johnson
    L35 Rob Lesha
    L38 Scott Quirk
    L39 Paul Reeves
    G43 Geffrey Rose
    L45 Wes Smidt
    L46 Marley Weller
    L48 Dean Bradley
    L53 Ashley Graham
    N55 Aaron Barnes
    L65 Stuart Fawcett
    N67 Dave Hollier
    S8 Brett Mitchell – Former Aussie Champ
    L71 Mark Quirk
    L72 Nick Chilcott
    L82 Rebecca Gray
    L88 Brock Armstrong
    G92 Nicholas Jones
    L95 Steven Stubbs
    N99 Keeden Liley

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

20 Lismore, 9 Newcastle, 4 Grafton, 2 Sydney

7. clutchy

clutchy Just a nobody...

Any results yet ?

8. python racer

python racer Registered

The rain won.Beleive that's its going to be rerun on good friday

9. clutchy

clutchy Just a nobody...

Thanks for that will it be a rerun or complete new event ?

10. dirtymacca

dirtymacca Registered

Why is the called and Australian Championship when it appears that RSA is only a NSW division...... ? Just asking!

11. snr68

snr68 Registered

Re Run or New event? Not sure what you mean, but all nominations ae held over and excepting any new nominations for this event. Hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

It is called the Open Australian Title, it is open to outer state/RSA cars as long as they do not exceed the RSA spec. ie Non injected ASCF street stocks.

12. dirtymacca

dirtymacca Registered

Thank you.................

Call it what you want, it is not an Aussie title.

Once again the sports governing body is fracturing our sport.....

Can this "division" be included in the 87 other divisions that our great governing body has deemed OK?

WA still has it right.

13. clutchy

clutchy Just a nobody...

What I mean by new event is are they allowing new noms to be in the draws

So why ain't they allowing ascf injected street stocks as the rsa have them or did they have to much of a sook as a ascf injected streetie set up to go both ways and its little tyres ran 3rd last season ?

14. snr68

snr68 Registered

I dont make the call one who is or isnt allowed to run. I am just answering questions.
    Why do ASCF guys go on about this every title. Does it really matter to you what another association does?
    ASCF do not have all the answers (neither does RSA), they have there on issues with their own divisons and in fighting.
    RSA, right or wrong, have been around for a long time, it is the division that WE have all came into so that is what we have to work with & run.

ASCF cars running in/with other divisons is not permitted by your own rule books. Some divions/locations make allowances (which is great) others don't.

15. blue95

blue95 Registered

The Trolls are out again. I can't take my Street Stock to the ASCF Title, but I don't get on the ASCF Title thread each year complaining that I can't run.

16. PPE

PPE Registered

Don't get on here often (wonder why) but here goes.......yes I'm sure new noms will be accepted for the title.
    This stocker division is part of an ASSOCIATION (RSA) which have a few sedan classes in this state and have run a generally open S-Stocker title for at least 12 years now. It hasn't been perfect but at least they have been making an effort to help in trying to bring everyone together.
    How many open Aust titles has ASCF held for all stocker divisions over the years? What's that......that's right NONE.
    In every ASCF spec book it states openly that you can't run with any other divisions / associations cars!! EVER. That really helps in bringing some unity to the sport in Aust, all it shows is how ASCF want full control over all sedan classes in this country and don't care how that is ultimately achieved.
    RSA has been in existence with very little change to their internal divisions for approx 30 YEARS and joined NASR as a major shareholder in its inception, well before the other 86 so-called 'divisions' mentioned were probably even in existence, so don't even go their acting as if this is some sort of new pop up association made up last week in someone's garage over a couple of drinks.
    When did ASCF join NASR?.........that's right, absolutely no way did they acknowledge this governing body and only joined after many years when it was satisfied and it was on their terms.
    The ASCF fellow who ran a podium at last years Aust title was a gentlemen and more than welcome to compete and acted very professional in what was to him probably a interesting unknown environment and no he wasn't surrounded by 'sooks'.
    Have WA got it right?..... you said they have so it obviously must be true and I can't disprove that as I don't live there.
    Get it?........this association is doing what it can over this side of the country to organise, promote, unite and foster speedway as a whole and though it is by no means perfect and personally i have had many issues with them over the years, they are giving it a go.
    Anyway sorry if the truth gets in the way of a good story...bye

17. Dingo

Dingo Registered

There is only currently one state in Aus that do not run SSA Street Stocks, so don't come on here and run your mouth about your efforts in Uniting the country! lol

You know what, I reckon if anyone from the RSA put in a request to the SSA for a dispensation to run at any of the SSA Titles they would be welcome. But under the same terms as your OPEN Title. As long as you came in under their specs...
    Only thing is, they don't need to do that to be able to call their event an Aus Title.

18. MO_FO

MO_FO Registered

Im pretty sure the RSA Stockies were asked if they wanted to be part of the ASCF Production sedan Australian title a few years ago. Pretty sure none of em went and from what i have heard the cars back then were pretty much the same.

19. clutchy

clutchy Just a nobody...

Lol nobody is complaining at all and your rsa stocker is welcome to run in the ascf production sedan title if it wants yes it's the class above street stocks but they have pretty much the same specs as a rsa stocker so yes that means the ascf street stock is below the rsa specs but you guys are still scared of our streeties lol.

I only asked the question as to why they don't want injected streeties when there is injected stockers as I know Mick was keen to go back and have another run with the rsa guys again this year.

20. clutchy

clutchy Just a nobody...

Hahaha yeah your rite don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Ascf don't run a stocker title full stop so not sure why you would think they would run a title never mind a open title but you see as the ascf have cars in more then one state per class they don't need open titles but they allow cars to duel rego so your rsa cars can run in any ascf title they want if they fit into said class and run with duel rego there all good to go so your rsa stocker is welcome to race in any production or modified title it wants but it can't run in a street stock title as the stocker specs are way above the streetie specs.