1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt Mods in 03/04

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by SpeedwayBear, Jun 7, 2003.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. SpeedwayBear

SpeedwayBear Platinum Member

Things are looking promising, it seems that PCR and in particular Brian Healey was impressed by the Dirt Modifieds and they seem destined to be programmed in on a regular basis. It is claimed that driver numbers are set to increase for the NSW club aswell. In Victoria Steve Milthorpe has a new power plant and 3 time SDAV rod champion jason Kavnanagh is moving on up.

Their is talk on one or more New Series being created for the rods around the country. What are your thoughts on what we might see next season in the Dirt Modifieds?

Ive heard a whisper that their might be a 8 round national series with 2 rounds in each east coast state and the southern states of Vic and SA........

2. mod_ girl

mod_ girl Registered

ill let you know about all that when it comes true...
    modifieds haven't exactly been given an easy road lately, so anything anybody says, ill believe it when i see it, as will alot of other people. but lets just hope it happens

3. SpeedwayBear

we cant just nip this thread in the bud just like that mod girl....it just started....

so anybody else wanna speak up and say something ? :D

4. mod_ girl

mod_ girl Registered

sorry nagoya, i didnt mean to ruin things, i was just saying. so everybody that reads this pretend its not there!
    but i still hope everything you said is true though, it would be great if it is. sorry to put a damper on things, but like i said pretend its not there.

sorry again nagoya...lol

5. SpeedwayBear

is this so you wont be dissapointed if it doesnt happen ?

i think its about time it happened. and with the super sedan boys getting something going , the speedcar group looking at getting something going,,,,the dirt mods have too follow suit aswell and get something real happening or face missing the boat by a country mile as the other categorys progress

6. mod_ girl

mod_ girl Registered

well said, i agree

7. SpeedwayBear

i know from personal experience that Nyora Speedway was trying to make the dirt mods a big class,,,,, and certainly lismore is and always have. Lloyd Hobson is the president at nyora and Richard English (car owner of harry kipper) is secretary and di and keith smith who own brett milburns car and , murray atkin who owns the car daryl hickson drives are all nyora people..... but they got the attitude from over the border at the time, of >>> we dont need to go to Victoria , we have brisbane lismore and parramatta! .....not the right attitude

8. archie

archie Registered

Don’t be too hard no mod girl Nagoya speed she has a good point for year’s now Modifieds have been told they will get this and that and got nothing.
    All they seem to get is there race’s cut.
    But they are the first one’s to be called when wheel packing needs doing.

I hope for the good of Modified racing Australia wide it doses happened.
    But I’m a bit the same as modgirl I’ll believe it when I see it.

9. NufCed

NufCed Staff Member

i hope PCR doesnt scedule more v8 modified races... i dont think they are apreciated enough for the money spent etc just to have feeatures cut.... i think most drivers would prefer to come up to lismore where they are treated as the top line division they are

10. SpeedwayBear

it has been said in SRN that brian was impressed and has promised to look after them from now on though nuffy. do you believe him ?

11. archie

archie Registered

Dose anyone believe a prompter before they take your gate money lol

12. SpeedwayBear

lol i promoted a honest meeting once

13. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

The only reason the Mods were cut because it started p#$sing down.The track became very slippery.

14. krusty

krusty Registered

i think it would be great if the mods get more shows at pcr, but 1 thing what happens there is always date clashes.lets hope there is none of that like years before.!!!

15. archie

archie Registered

Maybe if everyone got together and talked clubs and prompter's instead of one club and prompter's thinking it's the only one's in the world it could work.

Benem i don't know what Modified racing you where watching but the one i was watching there was no rain m8

16. dirtmod

dirtmod Registered

I think he was refering to the rained out show in Feb, not the most recent one.

17. SpeedwayBear

rain you cant help, but missing out features cos other classes are stuffing around in the pit enclosure or cos the promotion lost track of time and had clowns, and two seater promotions and dancing competitions that they didnt keep down to a minimum time wise can be helped....................... id rather see you guys on the track dirt mod than anything else they think may be beneficial to the speedway going fan

18. dirtmod

dirtmod Registered

getting back to next season.....looks like one former NSW car will be heading to vic for next season to be driven by a new V8 Dirt Mod convert......

19. krusty

krusty Registered

which car is that dirtmod.?????

20. dirtmod

dirtmod Registered

well i cant give you the answer right now....