1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt Mods in 03/04

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by SpeedwayBear, Jun 7, 2003.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. krusty

krusty Registered

the body is build off the roof & rear quarters.take them away & do 50 laps around lismore there will be nothing left of the body.is that merit r.o.f.the crowd would luv that.lol

2. NufCed

NufCed Staff Member

i did tell greg about it.. and he did log on and register here... (nickname 'greg') dont think he has been comming back much though

3. SpeedwayBear

SpeedwayBear Platinum Member

okies their is apperently a confirmed 5 round Dirt mod series involving lismore, grafton, pcr or gunnedah and two rounds at brisbane. they are expecting victorians including morse too make appearances at these events

4. krusty

krusty Registered

maybe they should use the contracted drivers like wss.

5. NufCed

NufCed Staff Member

we alrady have a 3 round series (Mr. Modified) that includes Grafton Lismore & Brisbane Speedways.... are they expanding that or is this another series?!

6. krusty

krusty Registered

nuffy.is is other series between the named tracks.

7. SpeedwayBear

yep nuffy this isnt mr modified its a seperate series, not a expansion

8. NufCed

NufCed Staff Member

thankx guys:) wasn't sure... should be good...

9. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Parramatta will host the 1st round and last round and Lismore and Brisbane the other rounds but I don't know in which order.
    I also heard that there was a big time sponsor to support the series, with a rumoured $10,000 prize money for each round.
    If this is true it will be one of the most awesome series to ever start on the Australian Dirt scene. Imagine the field of drivers and cars this will attract.

10. SpeedwayBear

if 10k per round is true , yes it will be aweswome

11. mod_ girl

mod_ girl Registered

it will be huge! and so much fun!

12. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

After alot of positive talk about the Easter Trail this year, ecspecially from non Dirt Modified folk, I think the series will definitley boost the image even greater for the Mods, aswell as gaining interest and fans from other divisions and the outside world aswell.
    I know of die hard Sprintcar and Super Sedan followers that don't like the Mods, but till after the Easter Trail, they will be following them alot more. Some even intend on travelling to witness the Dirt Mods.
    What does this say guy's? Will the Mods take over the popularity or become just as popular as Supers or Sprinters one day?
    The way they are headed it won't be far off.

13. SpeedwayBear

lol benem, im a mod fan so you dont need to preach to the converted, however they will never be bigger than sprintcars................. and super sedans have a bigger pull cos people relate with sedans.............

lets just say the mods will continue to expand in popularity and have a loyal supporter base of their own

14. krusty

krusty Registered

with the first date of the new season at BIS with the wss.u couldnt ask for a bigger crowd to watch a dirtmod race in brisbane.

15. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

True.... that will be awesome. Two topline acts in the one show.
    Rods always perform well at BIS. Glad to see that there will be more people to witness the A1 action.

16. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

That six round series that was supposed to be run this year, has anyone else heard that it has fallen through and won't be happening?
    I hope not... that would of been a top series to follow and watch.

17. NufCed

NufCed Staff Member

one of the mags i saw (think it was srn but not sure) had on the cover - "V8 Dirt Modified Series Announced" ... so i'd be guessing no.. but dont hold me to it......

18. SpeedwayBear

i hant heard that yet, as late as the victorian dirt modified presentation a couple weeks back they were still speaking about ut

19. dirtmod

dirtmod Registered

Nufced, SRN has the headline about the big dollar V8 Dirt Mod series. However, I think what they are refering to is a piece in there about a DIRT series that will be screaned live on TV in the US.

As for the much anticipated series, I have heard plenty of heresay but nobody I have spoken to has heard anything definate nor has there been any news from any of the tracks concerned. I hope it goes ahead, but until I see some news from those organising the series, I will just sit tight and wait and see what happens.

20. NufCed

NufCed Staff Member

ok.. cool.. i wasn't sure