1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford 4 speed single rail gearbox

Discussion in 'Wanted to Buy' started by michaelC, Aug 9, 2012.

1. michaelC

michaelC Platinum Member

chasing ford single rail 4 speed gearbox with 1:84 second gear ratio, preferably perth metro area

2. amcasa2

amcasa2 Registered

i can help with one. out of adelaide though let me know if you get stuck. might have a way to get it to perth cheers Michael

3. michaelC

michaelC Platinum Member

thanks michael, i will see how i go when i get back home in a few days, if i have no luck i will let you know. how can you tell, by looking at box, what ratio 2nd gear is? also how much would i be looking at? cheers

4. big end

big end Platinum Member

5. michaelC

michaelC Platinum Member

thanks Kev, awesome mate.

6. amcasa2

amcasa2 Registered

Hi michael the easy way is tooth count and turn over in appropriate gear. there are id numbers on tag on extension hsg but if someone has replaced it. it may be wrong. tc 6cyl cortina came out with the right ratio but the shift position was further forward. that can be swapped. For a gearbox that i have dismantled and isnpected and put a bearing kit through you would be looking at $450. there are some little things i do that i beleive make it more reliable. i used to run my own gearbox business. hope this helps you. cheers michael. i have misplaced my list of id numbers bur if i find them i will give you a copy.

7. michaelC

michaelC Platinum Member

Thanks mate, good to know. i have decided to stick with the 5 speed for the time being but if it packs it in will definately be in contact to organise one from you, atleast then i know i would be buying something reliable. cheers mick