1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future of the division?

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by kelvin, May 7, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Chucky72

Chucky72 Registered

So in a nut shell you are talking about a alloy head 358 motor then bolt lead in to bring it up to weight, what do you think the heads are worth?

2. Come on Aussie

Come on Aussie Registered

No , it the USA dirtmodified 358 rule book , open engines approx 1200kgs , spec alloy head is approx 1150kgs .and both are rev limited to to 7600 rpm's

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

Heads with valves , and manifold . Approx $3000.

3. Chucky72

Chucky72 Registered

well you just put me out of the race, as with my current heads I make around 585hp and will have to carry 50kg more then a 600hp spec motor and I am not the only one,we would be worse off the we are now.

4. Come on Aussie

Where do ya think it puts my motor but , it's for the future of the sport not your own wheel borrow , why dont you just race what you have , if you wont to race you will . , what a crap saying , lol sorry . But ive been told that for years now , and its just boring and uninspiering . Lol sorry for the bad spelling guys . Lol ..

5. Chucky72

Chucky72 Registered

yes you make it hard to read sometimes, I will race no matter what happens and i wont complain about it.

6. robferr

robferr Registered

me too you just cant win sometimes :(

7. Come on Aussie

you guys might not complain, but there are many racers like yourselves that are very good racers and as completitive and passionate about any of the main winners , but they havent told the 1000 odd , big dollar engine guys to go away . To be honest if you talk to the main chassie biulders it has made the class more stable and grown in numbers .

8. Chucky72

Chucky72 Registered

Telling someone to go away is not going to help anyone, I think you have a typo if we had 1000 big $$ we would not be here.Who are these people you are talking about and have they bought there concerns to the powers that be? Are these people able to put a competitive car on the track if we had capped motor costs. If we alienate the front running cars some tracks will have trouble having enough cars to run a meeting as they are the travellers. What chassis builders have you spoken to about this issue and has this info been passed along. I know this issue being dealt with by the DMA and a few of them speak to the builders quite often, I just have to put this in GO Qld...lol

9. Come on Aussie

Well because im not one of the , fellows that buy a new car . Its not possible to talk with the chassie biulders . And the guys that have a appinion have been race for the pass few years . But just got to put this in , lol . Blues are the dudes .

10. mod15

mod15 Registered

As I said this division is for every one and talk like telling the fornt running people to go away is what turns people of

11. boatboy

boatboy Registered

this thread isnt funny any more

12. 4E&KCMS

4E&KCMS Registered

I am not one that can buy a new car, but I have recently brought in a 2nd hand car from the US, and both Bicknell US, and even Troyer have been more than happy to offer advise and assistance when ever I have asked for it.

IMO I feel one thing we do need is a better 2nd hand market for the US manufactured (and Aussie Made) cars. This should happen over time as the divsion grows, and with the dollar where is, and the US market ripe for the picking. Personally I am happy just to run in this great class and have fun with the great people in it. If the DMA is going to make a decision on this I hope it is soon as I am due to replace my aging motor at the end of this season.

If you talk to all divisions costs of motors and specs seems to be an ongoing issue.

13. robferr

robferr Registered

I am a fellow that has a new car and what of it i saved i ate baked beans for months its not like the fairy god mother of racing granted me a wish i worked hard for that bloody thing, as for engines well i have had a flat tappet solid cam chev that is now 13 years old and well it was a good old engine nothing flash just very reliable needs replacing im not sure where this thread is going ........i have done a lot of homework on my car and racing and i think it shows its not like i could just go and buy the good results

14. mod15

mod15 Registered

Rob you guys have done a top job with your car and shown with sum good reserch you can run well on limited funding keep up the good work

15. Come on Aussie

Yer , back to Kelvins post , which is the same as i have been talkin about . bake beans lol .

16. robferr

robferr Registered

Yeah You need a can i have spares

17. robferr

robferr Registered

Yep i think you are right its NOT !!!! and whats the answer MORE POWER i dont think so i think the rules are OK engine prices are better now (the dollar) so whats the problem

18. clunker

clunker Registered

A bit quiet on here the AGM must have gone really good or really bad ?

19. mod15

mod15 Registered

I think the AGM when very well with positive changes on all subjects for the future

20. Boyracer #93

Boyracer #93 Registered

What were the main highlights?