1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More cars, here is your chance!

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by explayer, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Leaso

Leaso Holidaying

Topic will be shut if continues down this road of name calling etc.

2. slidejob

slidejob Registered

the facts are that i was the owner the driver and the bank roll for the 92 car so get your facts right with that for one. my name is scott whiting how about a few of you others stop hiding behind alias and use your names. 2 if i had the money i would buy another dirt mod no questions asked but as a person with 2 kids and a wife a mortage in its current state i am unable to afford one and i am on a 3 figure salary i ran my car on approx $3000 dollars a year using second hand tyres etc and had good results doing this the downfall was when it came to replacing the engine with good gear it was worth over 20k without labour costs involved which i did do and had a great engine but unforunatley everthing else suffered family comes first.
    bring in a spec or crate engine for below 10k and i am back in. we dont need 2 divisions 1 would be fine but grade the cars in their heats and run them all in the final 3 litre and mod production do it. so any body else got anything contructive to say beacause it seems the dma dont listen to budget racers as one person with initials ma has been trying to get a spec engine for years with no result. here is one example of such an engine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

383 Sbc Gold Pro Engine (490 HP) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TORQUE: 457 ftlbs @ 5100 RPM
    HORSEPOWER: 490 @ 6450 RPM
    CAMSHAFT: Custom Pavtek Solid
    CYLINDER HEADS: Dart Iron Eagle
    COMPRESSION RATIO: approx 10.5:1
    FUEL REQUIRED: Premium Unleaded
    LONG MOTOR ASSEMBLED: L3833 - $ 10602
    SHORT MOTOR KIT: S3834 $4770
    ASSEMBLED HEADS: H3503 $2260 ( Call for current alloy pricing )
    APPLICATION
    This combo converts your 350 into a tyre shredding tough 383 c.i. The extra cubes & torque will get even the heaviest car moving. This combo comes with Dart Iron Eagle heads / Stainless valves / HV oil pan / Srp Forged pistons / H-Beam conrods and Scat 4340 Forged steel crankshaft. Requires a minimum 3500 Rpm Hi Stall converter
    PARTS INCLUDED:
    Dart Iron Eagle Cylinder heads Crane Machined Valve locksBrass Welsh Plug kit Chrome Moly RetainersHV oil pan HP Dual SpringsOil pump pickup Valve Spring LocatersOil pump Shaft Teflon Valve Stem SealsOil Pump SS Inlet ValvesArp Main Stud Kit SS Exhaust Valves4340 Forged Stroker Crankshaft Chrome Moly GuideplatesH-Beam Conrods Screw in studsArp Conrod Bolts Crane Hi-Int. Roller RockersSrp Forged Pistons Case Hardened PushrodsMoly Rings Full Gasket setCam Bearings 9 Key Rollmaster Timing chain setMain Bearings Thrust buttonBig End bearings Custom Solid CamshaftAlloy Polished Timing case cover Lifters Steel HP Harmonic Balancer Arp 12 point head stud kit

< Prev Next > [ Back ]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    PAVTEK IS YOUR NUMBER ONE COMPLETE ENGINE SHOP FOR PARTS, INHOUSE PRECISION MACHINING AND DEVELOPMENT FOR ALL FORMS OF MOTORSPORT.

WE SHIP ENGINES AND COMPONENTS AUSTRALIA WIDE!!
    Copyright © 1999-2007 PAV-TEK Street & Race Engines, ABN 69 930 923 453, Melbourne, Australia
    Website designed by Pavsoft
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Chucky72

Chucky72 Registered

Hay Slidejob,My name is Scott Conlin and l to have a morgage,a 1 year old and work isn't fantastic, l to stepped away from racing my own car due to family reasons but l still crew on a car and we work dam hard to present a professional team, but in no way have l ever wanted to drag the class backwards for my own gain. A dirt modified is just that, not a class of two different specs, lf you have 7 grand to spend on a crete motor why don't you put that into your existing motor and go racing or are there other reasons your not out there . l don't know about VIC but up here if you need help most teams will.

4. renae_89

renae_89 Registered

Fair Go Slidejob he got one fact out of about 10 wrong. If you have a look on the DMA website you will see that the DMA have given approval to one competitor to trial an engine for a period of time. He submitted a proposal in the proper manor at the AGM last year and was asked to go away and do some more research. As a result he re-submitted at the July meeting, at that current time it was reject based on his submission. He once again re-submitted his proposal with alterations at the mid term meeting just proir to the Australian Title. He has now been given approval by the DMA to test the motor. So the DMA seem to be acting on proposals that are properly presented. If you would to keep up to date with current information you will be able to find the Correct and Official rulings and information on the Official Dirt Modifieds Australia Website. If you unable to find the information you are looking for feel free to contact a current DMA committee member who would happily be of assistance. Whilst you arent driving do you participate and support your local club? We have multiple drivers who currently do not have cars that assist the club in running shows, attending monthly club meetings and volunteering there time where ever possible. This has helped build our club into what it is today. Most of our active members leave the politics outside and come with an open mind to help improve dirt modifieds as a whole. This is what attracts new people to join our club and want to race with us. Hence our car numbers are growing

5. grimace

grimace Registered

So, Vic92, where did you get your facts that there are only 8 cars in Victoria?

6. renae_89

renae_89 Registered

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. All I can say is that you should talk to some of the current DMA committee and get the true facts about what is going instead of the ill-informed rubbish that is being posted on this forum. Its disappointing that people who supposidly are so passionate about the division are the ones bring it down in the eye of people looking in. Trust me its a great divsion with great people. What you see here is a minorinty not a majority. I have grown up around this divsion and my family and I are as well very passionate about it. We have made many Lifelong friends and enjoy every minute of racing with them.

7. slidejob

slidejob Registered

hi scotty its not about dragging it back to suit my self mate ill go buy a nos if i want to go racing the topic is about getting more guys in the division and pulling costs back and starting a sportsman division will get more cars there how many cars are purchased and then when the engine goes bang are sold or stuck in a shed beacause the guy cant aaford a competive engine.
    can you explain to me how there was only 32 cars at the australian title when queensland is supposedly doing so well there was a good representation of interstate cars so where was all the queensland cars the aussie title numbers have not lifted in 8 years i rest my case.

---------- Post added at 5:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:49 PM ----------

hey grimace how many at swan hill tonight 6 i think and 2 of them are wa.

8. grimace

grimace Registered

Who mentioned Swan Hill? I asked how he got the facts of there being 8 cars in Victoria.

9. slidejob

slidejob Registered

when has there ben a meeting in vic this year with more than a cars tony

10. vic92

vic92 Registered

hey tony been along time since theirs been more than ten cars at a vic meeting facts are go to meetings and count

11. slidejob

slidejob Registered

hey grimace your right theres is more than 8 cars in vic theres about 25 8 racing and 17 in sheds lmfao:)

12. grimace

grimace Registered

Facts, I am not Tony.

Last meeting at Avalon 11 cars raced.

11 cars registered in Victoria at the moment, with 3 other cars almost there.

I would just like to point out the current temperature at Swan Hill is 42 degrees, predicted temp for tomorrow 46 degrees. Can't remember the last race meet for the rods there, it hasn't been in the last 10 years. What's the track like? What's the organisation like, after Wangaratta a sour taste has been left in the mouth of a few drivers, and it was a Victorian round with 20 cars! Would you drag your family there? That is why many of the the budget racers in Victoria have decided not to attend.

13. Des38

Des38 Platinum Member

Scott,
    Check my post #83. I bought in a motor from America. Complete long motor rebuild to the specs required for V8 dirt mods for under $6,000 landed in W.A. ( And that was when the Ausie dollar was at 82cents)
    You could get it even cheaper, as I got starter motor, sump rocker covers, inlet manifold and water pump. As you probably have most of those components, you could either get more work done, or spend less.
    I am running an old chassis, but I'm pretty sure that the guys here would confirm that the engine is definately competative, and I can still do a lot more to it yet.
    If you want more details, just ask or PM me and I'll be happy to provide, or for anyone else who wants them.
    Would like to see you be able to get your car back up and racing, even if it is on the other side of Australia.
    You really don't need to spend $20k on a motor to be competative, and with a few suspension mods, the old girl will be even better.

14. kwik n kleen

kwik n kleen Registered

15. vic92

vic92 Registered

yer so they say vin not at any other meeting ive been too

16. kwik n kleen

kwik n kleen Registered

Reading this it appears that you just want to drag the division down in general..... Not just to suit yourself.
    And to say that if you want to go racing you will go buy a NOS????, I am intrigued as to WHY you and your mate are supposedly so interested in getting more cars on the track?

So when you buy a second hand car over there and "the engine goes bang"? HMmmmm., such a pessimist!
    In 14 years in this magnificent division I have bent a valve, spun a bearing and just recently melted a piston but that was MY doing....

FYI, as for Swan Hill, WA asked BOTH Vic and SA for a meeting tonight as there were originally 4 cars making the journey.... In 40+ heat I'm kinda glad I couldn't make the trip.....

As for DAZZ52 comments, Pretty accurate IMO....
    The only facts he got wrong was the identity of you and ya mate..... Big Deal!

BTW, I believe some people shouldn't be allowed to have a V8 Dirtmodified....

Love 'em or Leave 'em!

17. grimace

grimace Registered

Well you obviously didn't go to the Vic Title at Wangaratta or the last round at Avalon.

You have come on here spouting crap about the class and car numbers and when you get informed facts the best you can come up with is

18. slidejob

slidejob Registered

please grimace identify who you are and i will gladly talk to u at the next meeting
    regards scott whiting

---------- Post added at 7:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:36 PM ----------

to all of you here i have only pointed aout the facts and gladly standby what i said. i am only trying to get the division more numbers guess there is something wrong with that in some peoples eyes i hope the division survives after all i have supported it for over 10 years in being an owner driver as well as committe member good luck dirt modifieds

19. vic92

vic92 Registered

hey vin mabe u should read the thread to find out what we are about guess that might be to hard

20. grimace

grimace Registered

Not interested in identifying myself Scott, why don't you re join the VDMA where your opinion will be heard in the appropriate forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.