1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASR Announces New General Manager

Discussion in 'News & Information' started by jason6530, Jul 31, 2009.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. jason6530

jason6530 Platinum Member

The National Association of Speedway Racing is pleased to announce the appointment of Dale Gilson as General Manager.

Gilson has a professional sports administration background working with a number of key sporting organisations across Victoria.

NASR Chairman Neil Sayer is excited by the new direction. “The board has full confidence in Dale and his ability to bring the organisation and the sport up to the next level.

“He has been employed to perform a different type of job to what we have been used to. He will engage government departments, continue to work on unifying the sport, and maximise sponsorship and grant opportunities in order to relieve the financial pressure on license holders.

“Dale comes from a professional sports administration background so will have a completely fresh outlook and we see this as an excellent development for Australian Speedway as we take this new direction,” said Sayer.

NASR engaged Niche Consulting Group to advertise the position following the resignation of Tim McAvaney in June. Over 90 quality applications were received which were funneled down to 12, with 4 interviewed for the position by the selection committee.

Gilson has taken up his position in the national office this week. “I am looking forward to getting to know everyone in the speedway community and tackling the challenges ahead. I believe my background in professional sports administration will be an asset to NASR and the sport of speedway as we move forward.”

“I can look at the organisation from a business perspective with an unbiased viewpoint and implement strategies and practices for the benefit of all” said Gilson who lives in Melbourne and will commute to Adelaide every second or third week.

Meanwhile Competition Manager Paul Trengove has been promoted to manage the operations of the NASR Head Office as well as all competition related matters.

2. rockerbox

rockerbox Platinum Member

I would like to think that Mr Gibson does look at the other side of things for the benifit of the competitor. After all we are the people that pay his wages not the board members. Good luck to him on his appointment.

3. nerf

nerf Platinum Member

Good luck with grants being sought for a Pty Ltd Company.

Bit all in all not a bad idea to employ a professional with a sports admin background.

All the best for the future Dale

4. Snowy Nelson

Snowy Nelson Registered

What is his background ??
    from what sport & were ??

All it states is "comes from a professional sports admin background"

5. Dingo

Dingo Registered

Might be from the NBL????? Maybe Formula 1?? ;)

6. Trackman

Trackman Registered

No F1 ... table tennis, net ball & 4x 4 Vic club .. :)0)