1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASR Speedway for Eastern Creek.

Discussion in 'News & Information' started by ken dorahy, Jun 25, 2010.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. ken dorahy

ken dorahy Registered

NASR has full support of Blacktown Council to build a new speedway at Eastern Creek and have formed a company Sydney International Speedway to fullfil that purpose.

Five million is to be raised through the sport and NASR have applied to the Premier for further funding.

The speedway is said to be not-for profit, so one question remains. Wheres the $5 million coming from.

Go to slide 9.

http://www.lgsa-plus.net.au/resources/documents/Blacktown_Motor_Sport_Parklands_140307.pdf

2. ken dorahy

ken dorahy Registered

It appears as though this application is for a speedway within the raceway itself, it should be pointed out there is nothing to indicate they have any government support.

3. Boyracer #93

Boyracer #93 Registered

It appears this document was created in 2007.

Based on date in properties of pdf

4. Dale61

Dale61 Registered

Wasn't the plan created after that bloke from England(?) came out and suggested all those changes on how to improve EC, and how it could start making money.

One suggestion was they change the direction of road racing to clockwise.

5. girlonthehill

girlonthehill Registered

From memory the local council had on their web site the complete plans for the Eastern Creek Motorsport Part with the Road course, Drags & Speedway plus comercial morotsport businesses also in the area to keep residential interests outside the area but no money to build any of it.

The Speedway will not be allowed as long as PCR exists I was told too. I wonder if this is why the PCR management is staking the stand there are.:eek:

6. ken dorahy

ken dorahy Registered

7. TAFC010

TAFC010 If your waiting for me your backing up!

You people stun me, go and really do your homework and speak to the consultant who was looking into the project when Brian Healey was still with us.

When you speak to that group and see that the cost is (was over 2 years ago) over $30 Million you will get the idea that the government will not be funding it.

The Blacktown City Council Motorsports Precinct was a fantasy set up by BCC in the hope of getting AVESCO teams to purchase land next to the current circuit track and use said track for testing, that is the Turn 4 estate, way too dear and no-one fell for it. The BCC has always wanted a Speedway etc but have zero funding, private enterprise is required and not many people will invest $30 + million dollars to build something on land that will be owned and controlled by someone else.

Plus as the last one in the availability of dates etc will be governed by both the Circuit track and the Drags.

Oh yeah don't forget who the new landlords are for the whole parcel of land known as the Motorsports Precinct.

The Western Sydney Parkland Trust, not Commerce or Sport & Rec meaning if it's noisy, not green or dirty there is zero chance of any government support since the landowners are not interested.

Ken, I thought you were smarter than this, do your homework and you will be horrified at what the new landlords are like.

All I can say is thank Christ the Circuit and Drag guys have legally binding commercial leases.

CYA
    Geoff

8. girlonthehill

girlonthehill Registered

Thankhyou for clearing it up & much as I had been told & I would think to build a racetrack from scratch $30 million is way under what it would really cost.

9. ken dorahy

ken dorahy Registered

Geoff.

The headline appears a bit deceptive and may have given someone the impression NASR was already building a track. Tried to correct it on post 2.

But apart from that why should anyone be doing homework all that can be seen are the facts as they are written. The location of the original track as stated can be seen on pages 6 and 12.

http://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/sha...7FF-0ADF-90B6-B873A747D8E8&siteName=blacktown

And why would i be worried about the new landlords when its NASR trying to build the track. Why should i be doing homework for them. If they want to invest $5 million to build something on someone elses property and lose entitlement to ownership, dunno what can we do.

About 20 years ago the liberals built Eastern Creek raceway and allowed a private consortium to operate it. They went bust and carr and egan had to bail them out and they installed the ARDC in to run it and i would be extremely surprised if the current labor government allowed any private enterprise investment at Eastern Creek.

10. penrith 1

penrith 1 Platinum Member

11. TAFC010

Guys
    Ferrers rd has already been relocated twice, once for the original ECR and once again for the dragstrip.

Ken, my statement about doing your homework was to show the amount of BS being talked about the Speedway being built on land currently leased by the ARDC and the new landlords and their lack of support for motorsport.

CYA
    Geoff

12. TAFC010

Ken
    When the ECR circuit was first built the Government ran it, not any private enterprise and it never went broke, the Government then decided (1996?) to put it out to tender and the ARDC won the tender as they were cashed up (or about to be) from selling Amaroo Park. And later on (1999?) they again needed a major cash injection they sold the pits at Bathurst (which they owned separate to the track) back to Bathurst City Council and Channel 7, without that sale the Bathurst 1000 was going to be a no goer because the ARDC and 7 were pushing that 2 ltr crap, and AVESCO was just starting with the V8 deal, hence the ARDC got a bunch of $$$$ and channel 10 got a shot at running the Bathurst 1000, with V8's.

Eastern Creek Raceway never had and never was run privately until the ARDC.

CYA
    Geoff

13. ken dorahy

ken dorahy Registered

The slide on page 12 clearly shows the location of the proposed speedway and grandstand between the western embankment of the raceway and Ferrers Road which currently runs along the raceway embankment, just checked on Google earth and this appears to be so. Got no idea who came up with this brainwave but thats the way it appears.

http://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/sha...7FF-0ADF-90B6-B873A747D8E8&siteName=blacktown

14. ken dorahy

ken dorahy Registered

Geoff, and i was just asking the question where the $5 million was coming from, for this reason.

The speedway was to be run not-for profit and the $5 million was being used to build a speedway on government property. Therefore either the government was to be guarantor or the money was a gift or more likely the money was a loan which had to be paid back.

So the property could not be mortgaged and any loan would presumably have to be in the form of a personal loan without security. The current commercial rate for a personal loan without security is 15% per annum over a ten year period.

This means at that rate, $500,000 per annum would have to paid off the capital and the interest in the first year would be $750,000. Anyway there may be a simple answer, this may be incorrect thats why i was hoping someone else would answer the question.

15. ken dorahy

ken dorahy Registered

Geoff, in regards to the last paragraph.

In 1989 Premier Greiner announced that motor racing facilities would be built at Eastern Creek. A consortium operating as Dovigo Pty Ltd was formed to build the circuit and it was leased to them (Dovigo).

Dovigo then went broke and the government bought out the business in September 1991 and resumed management of the Eastern Creek facility.

Have a gander at the second paragraph.

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/Prod/parlment/hansart.nsf/V3Key/LA19950920031

16. oatesy

oatesy Registered

bugger, ya got my hopes up then bam! just another lot of dream nd never-gunna-be's.
    pitty, would be a nice set-up methinks.

17. Thedude83

Thedude83 Banned

I should asked a Alderman today when I had the chance,You know what that person would have said WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
    Havent they had a change of Alderman since then
    Dont hold me to that

18. Graham Clayton

Graham Clayton Registered

So what is the latest news regarding a speedway at Eastern Creek?

Wellsy1 likes this.