1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro Series Points

Discussion in 'Midgets' started by cheqoutchick, Nov 11, 2014.

1. cheqoutchick

cheqoutchick Registered

so.. after spending the last two weekends travelling around the south west following the Pro Series, getting in my fix of speedcar racing :):) I find it bizare to see how the points are panning out. Since when do you get such high points for time trials and awarded points for not finishing? This new system leaves alot to be desired.....and really no incentive for those who continually finish to be part of this series....

thoughts?????

2. Golding

Golding Registered

Same points system as last year.

I'm not a big fan of it (as i suck at time trialling). I think its done to stop people flunking the time trials to get a better start in their heats.

I hate how much emphasis is on it, but i think WSS is the same.

3. mattycochrane

mattycochrane Registered

Golding is right same points as WSS. I think the system works great when you have 20 to 30 cars. Guys that don't get a good time start at the front and have a good opportunity to make the points back up. Not so great when under 20 cars guys that time quick almost get a disadvantage starting from the back of the heats when there isn't a lot of passing.