1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Production Sedan / Street Stock Valve Per Cylinder Rule

Discussion in 'ASCF Sedans' started by BadSeed, Apr 18, 2013.

1. BadSeed

BadSeed Registered

Hello all,

Just a quick question with regards to the valve ruling that seems to exist for Production Sedans but not Street Stocks.

In the production rule book, section 18 "Engine" Part A "Maximum 2 valves per cylinder"

But in the street stock rule book I can not find this rule at all. While street stocks allow approval of cars with 4 valves per cylinder to race.

Is this a case of an old rule in the production book not applicable to EFI cars, or is it one that is still present to restrict anything with more than 2 valves per cylinder in the class (ie: you could'nt duel rego a 4 valve car from street stock).

Anyone had any dealings with this?

Cheers

2. MIKE 27

MIKE 27 Registered

thats the carbie engine rule, EFIs the same as stockies with exception to extractors, computer & harmonic balancer

3. BadSeed

BadSeed Registered

Awesome cheers Mike.

4. duckboy01

duckboy01 Registered

I think if you read the spec book that is in the engine section so that would mean max of 2 valves per cylinder on efi and carby engines. I would be seeking clarification from the state tech rep on whatever it is that you are wanting to run, as per the spec manual if its not in the book it cant be used.

5. BadSeed

BadSeed Registered

Yep cheers Duckboy, have enquired and waiting to hear back from May meeting.

6. miss-speedway

miss-speedway Beat Tha Boys!!!!

I raced with the productions two times here in nsw in my 4 cylinder [has 4 valves per cyl] then they stopped me cause the rules state 2 valves per cyl but its only a 4 cylinder i said.

7. KAG066

KAG066 Platinum Member

Ha they stopped you Sue cause ya smoked them lol