1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riverland Speedway

Discussion in 'ASCF Sedans' started by sting, Apr 18, 2008.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. HAPPY GILMORE

HAPPY GILMORE Registered

Any Results For The Racing And Demo

2. jeff

jeff Platinum Member

Typical, rain at renmark when ya dont want it the most!! haha how many demo cars were there?

3. Ballist

Ballist Registered

by the sounds of it though the streeties had fun out there, most were driving blind and had a ball out there.

4. Flags42

Flags42 Registered

I counted 12 Demolition Derby cars from where I was in front of the Judges box... couldnt remember who won, but I know they gave out 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trophies, Best Destroyer, and Best Presented. Maybe Greg (Sting) can fill us in on the winners...

It was a very entertaing Demo anyway!!

From where I was the Streeties looked like they were having a ball out there too - quite a few came to grips with the wet track and were running quite constant quick laps!

5. jeff

jeff Platinum Member

holey SH!T! 12 demos! thats pretty good!!! good stuff guys! i raced against 14 figure 8 cars when i first done it, but numbers for that fell heaps!!:dizzy:

6. nathan78

nathan78 Registered

On behalf of myself and the renmark speedway committee, i would like to thank everyone that made the trip up here.
    As luck (bad as it might be) would have it the first real rain in renmark all year just had to be on the night. We tried a few things to get the racing going again and at one pont it looked as if it was going to happen, but at the end of the night (morning for some lol) it was still a good night, Again thankyou for the support of our club and we look forward to having a bigger and better season starting later in the year.

7. nathan78

nathan78 Registered

i would like to see what ideas people have for the club, none will be laughed at ( hey we run a carboard cup race), i would just like to see what everyone has to say\or ideas on what they would like to see at a speedway meeting, dont be shy say what you think, if you like you can send your ideas to nathan@riverlandspeedway.com , we are trying to make the club bigger and better than it ever has been and all the feedback we get can only help.
    thanks for your support,
    nathan reay
    secretary riverland speedway

8. mickc

mickc Registered

only real issue i saw as a spectator/volunteer, was the lights they kept blowing up haha , but as for club its great great friendly bunch of people,well set up, and am happy we made the trip up which will be doing again for sure, maybe bit better canteen facilitys,was very happy ,impressed with the gig.+ i got a car haha
    regards mick
    ps- yous musta done something right as standing in middle of track getting drenched expected to see empty stands of spectators but didnt look like crowd thinned out at all ,congratulations

9. jeff

jeff Platinum Member

i think keep the fun events going! its awesome to be able to watch some really good racing then have a laugh at caravan races/figure 8s, boats! i think it really brings in a good family atmosphere! when we had 15+ figure 8 cars there, the crowd really got into it! (specially the boys from my side of the fence! haha ) also TRY and get some big nights happening, i recon if yas kept on with the proddie title, the club would have really benifited from it!! keep the good attitude renmark and the club will go really welll!

10. GUN18

GUN18 Registered

It has been real good going to race at your track this season , and every show , had something good at end of night . Keep up the good work .... One thing you could improve on is pit food . Take a leaf out of MILDURA , great food and variety .....

11. jeff

jeff Platinum Member

any more news on the titles there for peoddies? or havnt they had the meet yet?

12. Ballist

Ballist Registered

state dates meeting is this sunday should start hearing some dates after that

13. jeff

jeff Platinum Member

oh sweeeeet thanks kellie

14. Loney.J

Loney.J Registered

Barrys my Dad - came across this thread while doing a Google search - he has a feature in the Loxton News this week - he is races dirt circuit these days but is still dragging the blue val out the shed. Hes 65 now lol...

ally likes this.