1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sedan pics of Frank Hansell,anyone got any?.

Discussion in 'Super Sedans' started by dylanfh, May 18, 2008.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. dylanfh

dylanfh Registered

Hi all,im a new member to this site,does anyone have or know where i`d be able to get some pics of veteran driver Frank Hansell,he`s my father and like a few pics someone might know of,any help would be great,its just that at the moment he`s not in great shape due to a kidney transplant and a ton of other health issues,and like some photos for my own reference and to show him before he gets any worse,thanks.

2. flipper

flipper Staff Member

Welcome to the site mate and I hope your dad gets better.
    I don't know what car your dad raced but here is a website with heaps of old speedway photo's. You just might find one if your lucky. Cheers.........http://picasaweb.google.com/dgnb69

3. Gaff

Gaff Platinum Member

4. flyingpom

flyingpom Registered

sorry to hear about frank he raced home built supers no 57 also he raced a ex donnie moran grand national tough guy on and of track hang in there mate. LM65

5. dylanfh

dylanfh Registered

Thanks for the links & replies,the last few cars he drove was a super sedan also #51,geez the thought of the grand national brings back memories,i think i might have been betwwen 8 and 10 at the time.Im now 33 so it was a while ago.

6. Bruce Mackenzie

Bruce Mackenzie Premium Member

I bought a lot of your Dads old super stuff. Total gentlemen. I bought it sight unseen as a bulk lot and it was exactly as he described. Rare these days for someone to be as honest and honourable. Which he was.
    Trust he goes well with the kidney.

paul mcmonagle likes this.
  7. IAN 182

IAN 182 Registered

i have pictures some where, its ofa fire bird he sold to Dennis Loasby in the mid 90's i will try to find some...

8. nasty

nasty Registered

sorry to here about your dad as have known him and your mum for a lot of years . we have a lot of footage to go through for this film night so if we come across any of your dad racing i will see what we can do to put something together for you

9. chizel

chizel Platinum Member

bought a short engine of frank when he biult the gold early model camaro. he lived in villawood then. bought some more stuff of him when he live the other side of penrith as well .we race against frank at wagga and griffiths when he had the ex donnie moran late model .i beleive that l dicker still has that chassi .it was the same car .d. moran. ran at the thunder- dome at calder and i, think it broke the nascar lap record by nearly 3 sec,s .frank rang me after the kidney opp and was feeling ok was thinking about biulding a amca to run ...sorry to hear that he ,s not feeling well a good honest man . and loved his speedway get well soon frank cheers

10. dylanfh

dylanfh Registered

Geez,that was a while ago,im not sure if i was even born when he lived at villawood,i think the earliest time i remember was when we lived at mt pritchard or cabramatta (either one),although the earliest i can remember back was when he had a monza (was either gold or maroon in colour,though he still has a black & white photo of an LC torana he had (probably when he 1st started racing)displayed in his "entertainment" room with the trophies & ribbons he won over the years.

11. dylanfh

dylanfh Registered

I also forgot to say thanks to the people who are trying to trace down some photos/videos,that would be great....its only he lives about 175ks away from me and i only see him every now and again,but we still keep in contact by phone quiet regulary.

12. chizel

chizel Platinum Member

sorry it was at ,,cabramatta ,,not villawood . he had the car in a old choock shed by memory out the back

13. paul mcmonagle

paul mcmonagle Registered

Frank Hansell used to be a neighbour of us when he lived at Bonnyrigg around 1974. At first he didn't like me riding my motor bike around the paddock but we soon became friends. We used to go to the car auctions together at Lidcombe on Saturday mornings. He was mad about speedway cars, I remember he had a torana with a blower on it and used to race it at Parramatta. He moved to St Johns road Cabramatta after a while, we still kept in touch. He then moved but I cant remember where to, maybe Villawood. I did find him later on maybe around 1984 he built a timber fence at our house. I hope he is well, would like to talk to him again one day. My name is Paul and I used to call him baldy, funny cause I am now bald