1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speedway photographers from the 1980's

Discussion in 'General Speedway Talk' started by Aussie_birdman, Apr 22, 2011.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Aussie_birdman

Aussie_birdman Registered

Hi Everyone

I am searching for photographers, drivers or even fans who might have photos of Grand National cars from the 1980's.

I make Matchbox sized models of the cars and I would love to have photos of drivers like Joe Madsen, Ken Logue, Max De Jersey, Noel Day, Tony Parkinson, Phil Harris, Chris Taylor, Les Patterson (QLD), Colin Knox, Barry Payne, Graeme Monds, Graham Forte, Peter Blass, Tony Orlando (SA), Loren Schipke, Cary McCarthy, Len Jeffries, Carl Jeffrey, Harry Delamont, Stephen Dale, Alex Walker, Peter Unwin, Colin Garland, etc. I have some photos of the more popular drivers like the Butchers, John Pye etc, but would love photos of some of these other cars.

I am happy to purchase or swap for good colour photos.

David

2. 28eagle

28eagle Registered

i will ask Frank Midgley tomorrow night what he has in the way of the SA guys.

3. chizel

chizel Platinum Member

,,,,,,, check this thread . and albums you might find some of what you need ,,,cheers ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, http://1140.photobucket.com/home/chizel2

4. blue95

blue95 Registered

If you are on facebook like the Gunnedah Speedway group, they have hundreds of 80s pics, mostly from Newcastle, on there

5. me4

me4 Registered

theres also a heddon greta and newcastle motordrome page on face book.. heaps of pics there.

6. Aussie_birdman

Aussie_birdman Registered

Thanks guys, I was familiar with the Gunnedah and the Heddon Greta, as well as the Newcastle and Liverpool speedway facebook pages and the Old Time Speedway one. If anyone has any contact details for Frank Midgley or Nick De Groot or anyone else who was taking photos around that time, I would love to chat to them.

7. Garth

Garth Media Rep

i may have some pics from VIC. pm me and I'll get back to you.

8. Brenda Logue

Brenda Logue Registered

I am the daughter of Ken Logue. I would be able to get many photos For you and would love to have a model of his car. Especially of his Tri City Buggy. Dad now has show cars that he takes all over Australia. Thanks