1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Slam Parramatta, Round 4, 1 - 3 - 08

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by Benem 1, Feb 28, 2008.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Turn One Judge

Turn One Judge Registered

I was looking forward to the show as well , but the numbers in both divisions are way down , so I decided not to go for that reason alone. Cheers , Ash.

2. Gazza

Gazza Platinum Member

Im at home as well,low car counts and the entry price i guess is the same so cant see the value.
    Dirtprincess you are correct in saying the drivers do NOT have to race just as the promotion does NOT have to invite the class back.
    cheers

3. gambler

gambler Registered

No one is critical of drivers for not racing.Somewhere along the line going back many years the modifieds just started to drop in numbers probably because they did not get regular racing.The result is now they have no future cause when they get a show numbers are low however they wont increase unless they get regular racing.Catch 22.Shame for an exciting division of Speedway.

4. dirt_princess

dirt_princess Registered

I totally agree!!

Congrats Tim Morse on the win tonight!

5. andy025

andy025 Registered

The sprintcars of lismore????? I would be more inclined to saythe thing that killed the dirtmodifieds down that way was the closure f newcastle and the current promotor of pcr being more interested in sprintcars.

6. Saddler

Saddler Registered

7. Saddler

Saddler Registered

Disregard where to find audio link. I found it whilst surfing around. Thanks

8. aussiemidgetfan

aussiemidgetfan Registered

you know...i'm glad I went. I supported my second (and first) favourite categories and witnessed damned good racing

9. T904

T904 Registered

well all of you that didnt go because of low numbers in the speedcars & dirt modifieds missed great A mains congrats to all the drivers im glad i did go as these classes put on better A mains than any spintcar show i have been to this season

10. robferr

robferr Registered

Here here i applaud you that is the smartest thing anyone has said, and it dont take a smart man work that one out, One club in the one direction lets get on with it before its too late !!!!!!

11. Saddler

Saddler Registered

I only managed to listen to the last 10 laps of the Modifieds feature and it sounded like a great race. Wish I was able to be there but distance and circumstances prevented it this time. Congrates to Rooster #83 for a great result and his crew for a huge effort to get the car repaired after being taken out at Lismore last week. Good to see he must have removed the "Take me out" sticker from the car !!!:grin:

12. slidejob

slidejob Registered

maybe if they pulled the costs of cars back a bit they would get more support but the cost in the last 5 years has gone through the roof and only those with bucket loads of money can be competive bring more control of engines or a crate engine division in and this class would thrive.
    not everone has money like morse,hobson,latimer,robinsonand oldfield not too mention others.

13. DASH

DASH Registered

Slidejob the costs got out of hand many years more than that.
    When they went from steel wheels to alloy,dyna/ford diffs to quick change, from being controlled with the compression ratio to basically run with what ya brung. They are just a few anyway
    Thats when it all started to get out of hand

14. Bailey

Bailey Registered

I dont think crate egines will do anything for costs. Just look at people like Phil macnamara at lismore the other weekend. His budget for a yearisnt huge yet he qualified on the front row for state title,Wayne Reynolds used to race on a budget far less than most would ever realise and be very competative.
    What needs to be done is for the division to unify and stop the infighting.

15. DASH

DASH Registered

Yes the sprintcars of Lismore.
    I wouldnt blame the current promotion now down here Andy.
    If the promotor in at the end of the 80,s kept control of the club down here i would say there could have been as many mods in the pits today as there is sprints

16. Black Flagger

Black Flagger Registered

The division needs a feeder group, that will allow newcomers and low budget racers to start in and get confident with their cars and racing, then step up into high dollar division.

17. grimace

grimace Registered

Oh yeah, just what we need, another division.

What's wrong with the budget racers running with the big guys? A lot of the Victorian budget racers have come into their own this season. At the Australian Title for example - Scott Drew, Tony Moore, Troy Scott, Murray Atkins, Rod Drew all drove brilliantly and qualified well. They don't have the money that Morse, Milthorpe and Hobson have but they did what they could with the equipment they have and drove well all weekend. Just like Phil Mac did last weekend by the sounds of it.

Unfortunately too many people think their way is the only way and won't look at the bigger picture for the good of the division.

18. Bailey

Bailey Registered

you lost me to with sprintcar comment Dash.Are you meaning that because the modifieds have evolved to some parts the same as a sprintcar instead of remaining with dyna diffs etc? Black Flagger i do agree they need a development path and my suggestion would be to have to step up in licence classes you have to race one of the lower speed ones IE:amca,stockers,streeters before super sedans,v8 dirtmods,sprintcars

19. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Again the Summer Slam has provided some awesome racing. The racing all night was so intense and the A main was just a pearler!

Congrats to Tim for the round win. A big congrats to Darren Latimer after a big effort getting his car ready after lismore and performing like he did. Had he been able to keep the lead and win would of been an absolute merit to him. Big shame for Robbo, after dominating most of the night with 1 heat win, A dash win and a commanding lead towards the chequer in the feature till a mechanical failure up ended that (and it wasnt the engine the let go).

Shame for the car count, but the positive now was that 13, only 13 cars put on a spectacular display. As usual the Summer Slam girls did a great job.

I dont know what TPCR promoters thought of the event as in car numbers but hopefully the racing might have helped in way of saving the future of modifieds down there.

Lets hope the next 2 rounds can pull more local support for each track.

20. vic92

vic92 Registered

but that doesnt happen very often bailey the big dollar blokes usually dominate events good luck with the unity as some states want to run an opposing series agaist the summer slam