1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Slam Parramatta, Round 4, 1 - 3 - 08

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by Benem 1, Feb 28, 2008.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. robferr

robferr Registered

Yeah yeah pat yourselves on the back iam just saying that the sport is dying out and yes true some guys are not helping by doing the things they do but at the end of the day dividing the division isnt going to help, Lets be united not divided IM FOR DIRT MODIFIEDS.

2. robferr

robferr Registered

you can get on here and bag to your hearts content, but at the end of the day whats it going to solve (nothing) the facts are there arnt too many cars down in sydney anymore only two or so seasons ago there was at least 14 to 18 and most raced, i can tell you now you can count them on one hand and all this squabling wont get them racing and its not about 50$ or supporting summer slam, You can only race if you have the $$$ to do so and if you dont you wont.

3. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Who is dividing the division????The Roosters Cup is a SE Qld series, providing the car numbers up there with an independant series. If they have the numbers to do so why not??? I cant see this as dividing the division.
    I am sure if there were good car numbers in sydney, an independant state series could be established between say Lismore, Grafton and Sydney.

But the Summer Slam is purely a series to promote the division on a national basis. A showcase for the V8 Dirt Modifies open to anyone, not just the "money men" of the division.

Instead of the Sydney guy's selling up, and as stated, these guy's only run as a hobby, so why does two shows seem meaningless???

If they were to support the shows down there as well as summer slam rounds at PCR, dont you think that PCR management would commend that, and maybe build on the amount of meetings that are held at PCR, if the sydney club did actually start pushing the division down there for car numbers??? As i said before, I did here that some guy's from other divisions were keen on moving into Dirt Modifieds. This is positve so if this does become a reality that is definatly something the sydney club can work on to re boost the section down there.

4. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

No one is here to bag anyone.
    As drivers, owners, crew, family, friends, sponsors and anyone else associated with the division in what ever way, do you think we as a whole want to see a club go down the drain??? I think not!!!
    We are not bagging. All we are doing is nothing more than merely trying to establish some sort of equation as to where the division is heading in each state. I am sure if all is bought to the top here we can all work together on the negatives and try and do something to help the situation. As it has been stated more than once already..... there are a few of us that do have the national status of the division at heart.

5. robferr

robferr Registered

Firstly i have never said anything about the Rooster Cup dividing the division if anything i think that the work Ray Klarich has done is to be commended, And the car count in SE QLD is amazing maybe Ray might have to hold some management classes so we can all learn.
    Secondly no racing is meaningless but it is hard to justify spending money on a race car to race two shows at PCR, Now thats not to say they could race else where and some do, But most racers spend more money racing than they can afford, but they do it regardless.

6. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

No one said you did, but i used that as my own reference.

So what do you mean by the dividing of the division then???

7. robferr

robferr Registered

8. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Well, if so, get those local cars on the bloody track then!!! The division at heart includes the "only 2 meetings" at PCR.

9. dirt_princess

dirt_princess Registered

So basically what your saying is that because you have the money to be a contracted driver then that means you have the division at heart, and for everyone else who can't afford to be, well then they must not care??

10. dirt_princess

dirt_princess Registered

I really wish it was as simple as you seem to think it is, but unfortunatley it isn't!

And while this isn't an excuse, lets not forget that Scott Cannon and Tony Sneddon live 3 and 4 hours closer to Lismore then the sydney cars do!

11. BenG

BenG Registered

The cold hard facts of life are that V8 DIRT MODIFIEDS missed a golden opportunity last weekend to put their case to TPCR for more racing next season. Forget Summer Slam, forget clubs. V8 DIRT MODIFIEDS as a whole dropped the ball.

12. Bailey

Bailey Registered

Totally agree BenG apart from some good racing the division really had the oportunity to say here we are and they ran and hid.Appreciate what you had because no promotor in their right mind is going to add more races when 14 cars turn up to race and all of them were from out side the sydney area!! Bet there is no V8dirt mods at pcr next season!!!!BOOHOOO,

13. aussiemidgetfan

aussiemidgetfan Registered

oh come on, they give all 5 lame models runs quite often...

14. DASH

DASH Registered

As a matter of interest How many cars have been racing at Lismore this season?
    How many local and visitors?

15. Bailey

Bailey Registered

on average lismore has been getting 13-17 cars at each meeting with the lowest number the week befoe the aus title with 11

16. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Why isn't it??? Please explain!

And since when was Newcastle and Singleton 3-4 hours from Sydney????

17. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

This is beyond the point.

We aren't talking about club shows, where talking about the V8 Dirt Modifieds "National Showcase". The exposure that the Mods get thru the series is awesome. Great write ups in leading mag's, Television ect.
    The whole point is that when it came to supporting the division while there was a chance to excel, it was let drift away in the cold PCR breeze on saturday night.

18. Peace

Peace Registered

Your right Benem.Sydney is no where near 3-4 hours from us now.
    Newcastle is only one and half hours,maybe 2 towing from Sydney now.Singleton would be another half hour inland from Maitland where Scott Cannon lives.

It would be oh 6-7hr at the most to tow from here to Lismore.

Peace O:)

19. V8DirtMod108

V8DirtMod108 Platinum Member

It was a shame to see a limited car count at PCR, I'm am praying that when the Summer Slam makes its way over the boarder and into QLD, that the local guys and girls from up here prove you wrong in you statement. If they are complaining about the 50 bucks, maybe they should take a step back and have a look at them selves, I for one would love to race against other people that you don't usually get to race against and compare your self to the rest of OZ.

20. krusty

krusty Registered

I hope I do get proven wrong.With the car counts in the roosters cup & local QLD club shows, I cant see why then at easter we shoudnt have 28-32cars at each round.