1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Title Results.

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by Benem 1, Jan 17, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. Pugs

Pugs Registered

Congrats to Morsey on his back to back title win. A top job to Bruce for his well deserved 2nd and well done Stuart for his 3rd. Sounds like it was a top nights racing.

2. grimace

grimace Registered

Was the B Main only 5 laps?
    Speedway Bear you summed the night up perfectly.
    Benem I thought I put N20 herne in the sms for the heat race so you knew who it was !!!

3. Moona

Moona Registered

WHAT A RACE!!!!!!!!! As Bear put it, one of the best ever. The crowd was similar to that at the World Series rounds at Avalon, so it was pretty full. All the drama around Tim Morses car was amazing. Finished 2nd in Heat 1 with a car that just wasnt quite on it. Didnt start Heats 2 or 3 and only just made the grid for the B-Main as far as time was concerned. People were milled all around that car all night, working on it, and just watching the work going on, and then the A started.....what more can be said.

He went high and higher and higher and just kept passing guys.

With about 6 to go, he dived under Herne in t1 to take the lead, but the yellows came on so he had to go back to 2nd.

Herne knew what Morse was up to, and kept low, blocking Morse from going low. The next lap around, Herne went low again, and Morse just blew by on the high side and said "See ya later mate" and off he went.

Bruce keihne was running third until the last 100 metres and coming off 4, Herne got a push and Keihne was into 2nd as they crossed the line.

Was truly an awesome race, and one that I will remember for a long, long time.

CONGRATULATIONS TIM MORSE, BACK TO BACK AUSTRALIA #1

4. Stokesy

Stokesy Registered

It was one of the best races Iv'e ever seen, Morse.. from the rear won! It was just awesome, probably the best race Iv'e ever seen in my life.

Thats why he is Aus#1 and no one else couldv'e done that on the night, from the B to the rear of the A and winning.

He was easily the fastest all night, running the highline.

5. WA #13

WA #13 Registered

Agree with all the sentiments regarding it being one of the best races ever, it was certainly close to the best race I've seen put on by any division.

The drama of Morse's run, him taking the lead on the highline only to have the yellows come out, it was just great stuff. I guess he couldn't complain too much, it was the earlier yellows that he needed to bring Herne back to the field when he was clearing out while Morse was carving his way through the field. Neither driver would have wanted those yellows at different times, but the race certainly benefitted from the timing of several of them.

Having just moved over from a state that doesn't have much to do with the V8 Dirt Modifieds, I don't know a lot about Morse or Herne...only what I've read, but I must say Herne was very gracious in defeat when he accepted his trophy, and Morse's drive will be long remembered.

Certainly the behaviour of those two was a notch above V7, who spun himself out of contention and almost took Morse with him (after holding Morse up late in the A when Morse was much faster but the V7 was very twitchy in the corners and loose coming out), then proceeded to sprint across the track to carry on at officials, gesture at Morse and provide the only black spot on an amazing night's racing.

6. SpeedwayBear

SpeedwayBear Platinum Member

the b main was 6 laps with 7 starters

WA13 was commenting about VIC 7 who is brett milburn. For 24 laps Brett Milburn was sensational in 2nd spot. His own car owners watched as he put himself out of of the game and i was nearby. I know his car owners and they had no complaints about Morse and Milburn.

It was a australian title and whilst the yelling at officials and pointing fingers at morse is all very ugly, it is the nature of competitve sportsman and frustration to be so close yet so far away.

As a long time observer though, Milburn wasnt going to catch Herne and the only man that could on the night was Morse and when milburn was out of his way he did just that.

Herne would have won if milburn stayed on track, cos milburn was too busy beating morse and holding onto second than setting out after Herne

7. Stokesy

Stokesy Registered

I think Milburn done an outstanding job, if I was him I wouldn't be letting Morse through to chase Herne.

If Milburn was lapped traffic it would be a different story, but it's an Australian Title and to be in 2nd place you would want to hold onto that.

I felt a little sorry for Milburn but I was rapt that Morse won.

8. Road-Runner

Road-Runner Registered

I agree with you on this one Stokesy & Milburn was 1 of a few that ran the high line in heats & final

9. stevo

stevo Registered

thanks benem for the phone call late last nite with the results it was heartbreaking to hear me best mate so heart broken with the results but well done to morse but that is racing, the herne camp has always got a perfect car prepared for racing the hitman said to me an benem at the winning of the mr mod. series that the team was ready togo down to race for the title its ashame it broke me heart to hear the results but well done to everyone that raced in a heart braking race its ashame herne could bring it home an make it 7 in his last season cheer up benem he willmake up for it at the nsw titles morse wont get him on his home track

10. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

It's not like I cried or anything stevo.
    I was just very disapointed. The best man won on the night and that was Morsie.
    As you all have said of Herne being so gracious in defeat, that is just Hernie all the time. He let's nothing bother him. If he looses...well he looses. Life goes on. If he wins well he is happy and always dedicates to the crew for his wins.
    And wether he wins or looses, Hernie will always have a chat with fans and anybody wanting to talk to him. He is just an all round good bloke.

Tim Morse won't be in Lismore for the NSW Title either. I think the Aussie Title was his last run in Modifieds, as he is stepping upto Sprintcars.

11. FORD 04

FORD 04 Registered

A great nites racing but not a good one for our team sheared all the bolts on the right rear bead lock in the first heat race 1st lap,flat right rear and rolled in the feature three laps in trashed the body and the front end But thats racing I heard tim morse is going to sprintcars next year and will drive his modified for the rest of the season!!

12. WA #13

WA #13 Registered

Agree with SpeedwayBear's summation.....if Milburn had stayed out there Herne would have won.

I wasn't suggesting Milburn should have moved over and given away 2nd in a national title on a platter, but in the closing laps Morse was significantly faster than Milburn and would get a good run on him only for Milburn to baulk him as he seemed to get loose on his corner exits late in the race.

13. Jason

Jason Registered

14. krusty

krusty Registered

on all the timing results from the aussie title go to

www.MyLaps.com

congras to ian vale for his work.

15. grimace

grimace Registered

thanks for the link krusty.