1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPCR 25/2/06 Results

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by archie, Feb 26, 2006.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. archie

archie Registered

Heat 1

1st 99 Tony Sneddon

2nd 41 Brad Lowe

3rd 76 Rodney Shute

Heat 2

1st 99 Tony Sneddon

2nd 62 Robert Ferry

3rd 41 Brad Lowe

A Main

1st 62 Robert Ferry

2nd 99 Tony Sneddon

3rd 16 Peter Roberson

2. jason11

jason11 Registered

What's happening with the V8 dirt modifieds? Thier numbers get lower every week. only 7 cars last night. I'm a fan of the modifieds but they are doing themselves no favors by turning up with 7 cars.

[​IMG]

3. archie

archie Registered

I agree with you Jason
    The lack of prize money in one factor and the DMA (dirt modified association)
    Letting other race meetings run against each other dose not help.
    You would think they would be trying to promote the division with big car counts instead of have 3 tracks on the eastern side of the country running meetings on the same night.
    I thought there would have been more cars with the next meeting being the NSW title.
    For drivers to try there cars out.

4. StevenG

StevenG Guest

The way you two have reported things is excellent
    Is sad that some divisions can self destruct
    At least you Jason and Archie are honest

5. scabit

scabit Registered

what divisions self destructed???????????

6. StevenG

StevenG Guest

At least Jason and Archie are realist
    8 one week 7 the next meeting

7. StevenG

StevenG Guest

3 meeting down the east coast Tell me my freind do you think 7 cars is a great roll up Where people are paying 25 dollars a head to watch you race And nearly getting the same result each time Tell me is that a great roll up Your call Scabit

8. scabit

scabit Registered

So which divisions have self destructed ?????? your telling the story without the facts behind you...AGAIN!!!!!!

9. StevenG

StevenG Guest

Thank you very much you good on the attack i think any division that has 3 different meeting on the East Coast Turns up at a major track with 7 cars one week Has a whinge that they never got A main on a Premier Division Australian title night I remember when your division use to have 16 car a mains at Parramatta If the division has 3 East coast meeting with small car numbers and in fighting your on people wrote at the start of the post
    READ WHAT YOUR PEOPLE ARE WRITING

10. StevenG

StevenG Guest

Which division Solos in Nsw

11. scabit

scabit Registered

mate its not my division.......tin tops are mine..........you make out that divisions self destruct...so who has self destructed...oh & your pretty good on the attack yourself

12. StevenG

StevenG Guest

Thank you very much for an exciting Monday Night

13. scabit

scabit Registered

Need to remember that 3 meetings for same division were ran on same night on the east coast....so who is going to tow 12 hours when they can run at home...of course your only going to get a low car count...The guys based in Sydney wont tow 12 hours up north if a meeting is at PCR...think about !!!!!!!!!!

14. StevenG

StevenG Guest

Now that we are talking sense
    I pay 25 dollars to come in i bring a freind they say look at the sprintcars theyve got 65 cars Say the Streetstockers 22 cars Midgets 25 cars
    He come v8 modifieds 7 cars we could of had 15 of them but the factions wanted to run a meeting in Brisbane One in Lismore One at Parramatta
    And that is where the problem lies my freinds too many splinter groups in this sport

15. nasty

nasty Registered

Sorry Scabit Got To Agree With Steven G On This One.
    What He Was Saying I Beleive Was That They Are On The Path To Self Destruction With Nominating X Number Of Cars And Constantly Y Number Turning Up.
    But In Your Defence You Are Right In What You Say In Racing At Home Instead Of Towing 12 Hours Up The Road
    This Again Is Not So Much Splinter Groups But The Same Problem That Has Been Going On For Years Promoters Not Looking At Fellow Promoters Calenders Before Doing Theirs.
    Now Before We All Get On The Band Waggon About When Grafton Or Tpcr Done Theirs I Thought Thats What The Promoters Association Conferences Were For To Try And Alleviate The Problem Of 3 Tracks Running The One Division On The Same Night
    Maybe They Should Run For Federal Parliament As They Are As Disorganised As Some Divions Of Racing

16. scabit

scabit Registered

yeah point taken & agree on nominating X & only Y turn up. That can happen with all divisions. To me it doesn't mean that the division will self destruct, at certain venues maybe, though not necessarily as a whole.
    Steven points out that he introduced a first timer & dissapointed at 7 cars in one divsion. I think we've all been caught with that scenario over the years at some point.

17. nasty

nasty Registered

As i said before i thought thats what promoters conferences were for to sort out the problem of three tracks running the same division on the same night If so how do we end up with the situation that occured.
    1 did TPCR have modifieds pencilled in and the other promoters say to hell with them and programmed them as well or vice versa. If so not real bright some of these promoters because the same problem has been going on for years.
    2 Or did certain clubs decide to approach promoters for race meetings ,again not real bright on both counts , knowing that a meeting was scheduled already at one track
    and not real bright on the promoters to agree to schedule these cars knowing what the outcome would be with car numbers.

18. scabit

scabit Registered

I checked PCR calander that was released last September (well thats when I got it) & mods were programmed to run.
    No idea what other tracks had programmed.
    The same problem will go on for years to come. Are promoters ever bright??

19. nasty

nasty Registered

I dont care who programmed them first second or last but to all put them on the same night on the east coast is plain stupid on the side of the promoters to agree to run them .
    But on the side of the competitors it is just as stupid knowing they could not supply sufficent cars to all tracks.
    I think that the smart promoters are long gone with liverpool and newcastle but even they had brain fades to.

20. StevenG

StevenG Guest

Thank you for the debate