1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPCR 25/2/06 Results

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by archie, Feb 26, 2006.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. archie

archie Registered

It's the job of the DMA (dirt modified association) to go to the Promoters association to work in with the promoters so the dates don't clash.
    If you go to the v8 dirt modified web site just about every meeting at pcr clashes with another meeting. The only meeting that dosn't is the NSW V8 Dirt Modified Title.
    I don't blame the promoters at all it's the DMA (dirt modified association) who i blame.
    Note to dma the clubs pay you money to join and rego cars nom fees for titles.
    Get off your ass and do some thing.:disappoin :disappoin
    This is only my Personal Opinion
    Archie

2. MsSpeedwayFreak

MsSpeedwayFreak Guest

GO ARCHIE! You tell 'em! :approve: :LOL:

3. seven7

seven7 Registered

3 rounds of mister modified only 15 cars each round -aus title 30 starters what is the problem ?

4. magneto

magneto Registered

Can the clubs / associations / division delegates, attend these promoters conferences, or are they for promoters only, with prior input from clubs / associations / division delegates. Somethings not right if there is constant clash of dates. Is it only in this division or others also.

5. *FIGJAM*KRW

*FIGJAM*KRW Registered

Hmm this is where i see a need for a controling body in Speedway. We see and hear of this way too often. Would be like having the Bathurst 1000 and then the development series running at Oran Park. How about this sport work together instead of pissing in each other pockets all the time and move forward and avoid Date clashes like these which make a club look bad when only a few cars turn up. Common sence where has it gone.

6. magneto

magneto Registered

Sorry, I posted my previous as a question. Maybe I need to re word it. I was asking if there is any other input at promoters conferences besides promoters.
    A controlling body sounds good,& probably needed. However I thought that is why NASR was originally set up, to assist in that

7. nasty

nasty Registered

magneto in answer to your question yes the controlling bodies like ascf sprintcars speedcars usually are given time for their federal president and secretaries to attend to discuss matters in relation to their divisions but their is a breakdown here some where be it the promoters or controlling divisions for allowing this to happen.

8. Turn One Judge

Turn One Judge Registered

Totally agree Archie !! I remember a coupla years ago , V8 Dirt Modifieds were in the same situation !!! So they formed the "V8 Dirt Modified Association" , so there would be no date clashes , they would all race together , they would put on a show , etc. , etc. , etc. !!! We are back where we started !!! They DESERVE to self destruct , even though , when together , they put on a show that would rival ANY Sprintcar show ANYWHERE in this Country !!!

9. scabit

scabit Registered

Appears they don't do much talking. So guess they just sit around with a cup of tea & scones.

10. StevenG

StevenG Guest

This is how it should have gone from the start i would like to see like the old days when you 15 or 16 cars
    7 JUST AINT GOOD ENOUGH FOLKS

11. archie

archie Registered

Don't well all steveng
    But you can't make ppl travel when there is a race close to there home.
    From what I hear Qld only had 11 cars

12. Mick M

Mick M Registered

Maybe they should have kept the division simple like the old days.30x13 GF2 right rear tyres,open compression rule (changed to 11:1) cost saving (bulls..t) sprintcar rear rims & tyres ,gear sets suit taller tyres,etc.The division was manipulated by the guys with the big cheque books that should have gone sprinters.

13. scabit

scabit Registered

Sadly the old days have passed us by & totally agree about keeping it simple. Your so right about big cheque books. It comes down to, that we are racing each others wallet or cheque book. Has been happening for years in most divisions...Hence why we do see car numbers drop away.

14. nasty

nasty Registered

As has been previously stated the dirt modified association was set up to try and alleviate the problem of date clashes and car numbers etc.
    But quite obviously there is a problem here .Last saturday night there was only 12 cars nominated to start with at TPCR and that was before taking into consideration x number of cars turning up because of engine problems or someones budgee got dandruff or the usual excuses why crtain drivers nominated and did not show.
    Which leads to the following senario
    12 nominations to start with , now we all know you will loose 2 to 3 from that before the meeting starts, which brings us back to 9 to 10 cars before we start.
    Now take out cars through normal racing incidents through the night,probably another 3 to 4.
    This leaves on average 5 to 6 cars to start a feature , so with what number of cars was nominated why did TPCR even consider accepting the division to race in the first place with the nomination number they received.

15. scabit

scabit Registered

holly S##t, how do you get rid o dandruff on a budgie lol....

think you got a point though with why PCR even entertained it...Ok heres a scenario for ya..... If they nominate with 15 & front with 7 cars...well put those 7 back on the trailer & divide their heats between the other divisions.
    In no way can ya direct it the competitors as all they want to do is race their car....Huge communication break down in the club somewhere, though still wont go to extreme of saying they will self destruct as a division.

16. jason11

jason11 Registered

17. scabit

scabit Registered

hopefully they can get it together, they provide some awsome racing & regardlees of whats been said, I'll take quality over quanity anytime....meaning small car count can put on a show if they wish to

18. nasty

nasty Registered

With what you are saying jason i hope a series can sort out the problem as modifieds can put on some awsom racing when they want to.

19. archie

archie Registered

The club has nothing to do with it.We didn't get 15 nominations there was only 2 cars that nomed last week that didn't turn up one had motor dramas on sat and the other had health dramas.
    As i said before if the bloddy DMA didn't let race meetings clash there won't be a drama.
    You looked at the dates and pcr was the only track running modifieds you would tow there and race insted of leveing your car in the shed.
    But you have to make it worth while for them to come there.
    I know the East Coast Modified club just about went broke last year paying over and above the prize pool for pcr to get drives there to race.
    At this stage the club just can't aford to do that again.

20. scabit

scabit Registered

Archie,
    I pulled the 15 noms out of a hat as an example......in no way am blaming the club nor drivers..& of course your right, you would run PCR before leaving the car in the shed or tow 12 hours up north. Am just saying that communication all round needs to happen before the club does go broke....You said it in a previous post that the DMA needs to get off their a#se & make it all happen.