1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v8 dirt mod calendar - lizzy and graft

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by Camo#21, Aug 8, 2003.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Jason

Jason Registered

2. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

not a bad prize money purse either.

3. thefordguy

thefordguy Registered

some of the cars i have seen around lismore grafton area.the cars would look better without some of the panels on the car.

4. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Lismore would have to have some of, or better still THE best looking modifieds in Australia.
    Which cars are you reffering too?

5. thefordguy

thefordguy Registered

all that iwas saying that some of the cars would look better with some paenls missing.atleast the panels wouldnt look like there about to fall off some of the cars.

6. Jason

Jason Registered

Some cars do look a bit second hand by the end of the night, but that's racing. I think overall Lismore does have some of the best looking Modifieds in this country.

7. thefordguy

thefordguy Registered

question for benem1.seeing in some of your other posts u talk to stewart herne heard a rumour that he might be racing a sprintcar in the shows in lismore/grafton races.is this true.rumours running wild down here in grafton.

8. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

I spoke with him about a month ago, and he did mention that he may be having a run in Bill Mann's Sprintcar. Nothing is confirmed as of yet.
    Cameron Gessner is the main driver of the car of Bill Mann's that will be doing the QLD series, wich will be holding rounds at Lismore and Grafton, and Dave Murcott will be driving the main Sprintcar for Bill Mann in the WSS.
    But as I said it might happen, it might not. It will all be a surprise for his fans. But I think if it were to happen it would only be a Lismore show.

9. thefordguy

thefordguy Registered

ok thanks for the info benem1 it will be interesting for sure to see if he races the sprintcar at lismore.by the sound of what u just have typed u know that he is going to be racing it but u dont want to say.?

10. thefordguy

thefordguy Registered

how do you think stewart herne will go in the sprinter benem.i dont think the boys in the sprintcar class would like him running into them like he runs into all the modified guys.!

11. NufCed

NufCed Staff Member

ford guy ... why are you so negitive all the time... take a chill pill dont you have anything nice to say.

12. dirtmod

dirtmod Registered

I think the pressure would really be on Herne to perform in the Sprintcar. Both Robbo & Morsie have dipped their wicks recently and done pretty well. I dont think sprintcars are as forgiving as the modifieds so it will be interesting if it comes off.

Oh, and go the fords lol

13. thefordguy

thefordguy Registered

negitive all the time nufced.when was i so negitive.?what was so negitive.??i am only stating my opinion thats all.i have heaps of positive things to say.

14. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

As I said it may happen and it may not.
    Anyhow...Give me example's of Stuart Herne "RUNNING" into to the Modified guy's?
    As professional as he is, he aint that type of racer.

15. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

The majority of drivers that Sprintcar owners seek are the younger people (I won't say blokes cause there are women in the sport also),
    where as they take a big roll and it it doesn't take it's toll on their body, but being an older person it would.
    Younger drivers can freshen up alot quicker than the older ones aswell.

eg. A two night show, 35 to 40 year old driver, rolls big time, a bit sore after first night, next night's meeting, body feeling very sore and uncomfortable and can't race cause their body couldn't recover in time, where as a younger person would more than likely be ready to go with bells on.
    That's why Tim Morse and Mark Robinson have been chosen over Stuart Herne cause they are younger. Sure....Stuart has proven his ability 6 times in the Modified National Titles as the best around but this is just not the case.
    Would be great to see him in a Sprintcar fulltime but. He'd go surprisingly well.

16. dirtmod

dirtmod Registered

I dont quite understand your argument here benem. You are saying that younger drivers get a drive because they can recover better from a big roll??? And here was I thinking it had more to do with talent and ability!

Seriously though, it would be interesting to see Stuart in a sprintcar.

17. dirtmod

dirtmod Registered

Yeah Fordguy, examples please lol

18. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

It's not just because they can recover quicker from a big roll, it is that younger people have alot more stamina, vitality than the older. I think it should go off talent and ability also but if you were to ask a Sprintcar team owner how he would choose a new driver, that is what they would basically tell you. I was told this first hand anyhow. But that is how it goes these day's I suppose.

19. thefordguy

thefordguy Registered

benem i have seen stewart herne run straight into the back of lapped cars in grafton.doesnt back off.mainly when the track goes 1 lane down there thats all.

20. Benem 1

Benem 1 Registered

Whatever Fordguy! ........ Whatever!