1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video feed for Aussie V8 dirt title

Discussion in 'Dirt Mods' started by jmj racing, Feb 4, 2007.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Poison

Poison Registered

The V8 Dirt Modifieds put on a good show
    Well done to Tim Morse and team Australia 1 again!

2. robohsv

robohsv Registered

i did?

3. SpeedwayBear

SpeedwayBear Platinum Member

Unfortuantly, media and committees work on different perspectives.

Media throw into the open, everything the good the bad the ugly.

Committee's dont want to speak about concerns outside of the Club meeting room :p

Ive written much positive Dirt Modified articles. What happened was somebody added my stories too the Club website, nobody asked me - nobody even contacted me to thank me.

I was actually working towards getting paid for my work, which I have now achieved again. Personal clients building up quickly. If the Dirt Modifieds Victoria want positive race related and club related articles, they know where to find me.

When working directly for a driver or a club, they have a certain degree of license over what the media person would be reporting on.

I love my dirt modifieds, nobody can deny that, ive just ruffled some feathers by talking about issues warts and all.

Anyways what happened to our play on names? Im gonna go back in McCubbin (ma Cupboard )and hide for a few Weekes and if the club wants to hear from me any Moore they know where to find me.

Heck Di Smith has my number
    Lloyd has my number
    the list goes on lol

4. grimace

grimace Registered

Thank you! :D

Fair enough that you don't want to do reports as a 'love job' if you can make some cashola from it. I understand.

I don't have any more Goss and Hartley anything else to say!

5. SpeedwayBear

SpeedwayBear Platinum Member

Im passed the love job.
    Ive been involved since I was aged 14, Lloyd remembers me as a little kid with pen and paper sitting underneath the commentary box going for it.

The papers and magazines used to pay back then. As a kid id get cash from 3 different mags for the same article with minor adjustments.

Now a days, the magazines dont want to pay - they tell the writers to make their money of the drivers and the associations.

What I have been known to do is to every now and then write a freebie and then when the timing is right - speak to the right people and get them onboard with media release agreements as its the way to go from professional writers.

I have a degree in relation to sports management which included study such as promotion and media work.

I'd love for the Victorian Club to get onboard, just waiting for the right forward thinking people to contact me or somebody else (preferably me :p) to work with them. I've tried before more than a few years ago and got knocked back. Ive now got 5 new clients in the last two weeks and the list is growing, other associations and drivers see this as the way to go.

Love to hear from somebody soon.

Anyways, in relation to the title. When will a couple of it be available on dvd and who will it be through? - Will be great to see Morsey's win but i wanna see Hobsons form on tape, he had a great weekend and of course i wanna see future Australian Champ Oldfields form, I wish we seen more of him in Victoria he is a future King of the sport